Do I deserve to be staff?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: Jello

What is your steam name?: JelloKhat

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:554562367

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: I have staffed on two other servers. My first experience staffing was on an imperial RP server, but after being removed for inactivity (even though I filled out a form saying I would be away) I left the community, and have not returned. I also staffed on a small Hogwarts RP community, both of which have since shut down. (I haven't mentioned any communities by name, as I don't know if that is allowed on an application. However, if it is requested, I can provide names.)

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly): I first started playing on Gaminglight roughly a year ago, I do not remember an exact date. I have since gotten a new account, which is the one I am using right now. I used to go by the name Ron Swanson, and I played on the SCPRP server.

What date did you make your forums account?: The 25th of November this year. However, my old account still exists on these forums, which was made a while ago.

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)?: Assuming this includes donator ranks, I am an Initiate.

How many warns do you have on the server?: 0

Have you donated?: Yes I have.

What rank are you applying for?: Trial Moderator.

Have you read the staff guidelines?: Yes I have.

Timezone: PST (Pacific Standard Time)

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (Can be any length): I have been a long running member of Gaminglight as a whole. While not on this account, or even on this server, I still enjoy all the people I have met so far.  Being accepted into staff would provide me an avenue to give back to the community. As shown through my activity on the server, I am extremely active and dedicated to the community. Due to my activity, I will always be around to help people with their whitelists, help with people who Ktap, and all the other rules that I often see broken. Becoming a Trial Moderator would give me the ability to help all the people on the server with issues I have encountered on multiple occasions. I have been stuck in very long times for tickets and whitelistings, I have dealt with reports taking ages to get accepted due to a torrent of them from so many different people. Becoming staff would allow me to assist these people in these issues, and make sure that reports go through quickly, and that there will always be someone around to help someone who requires it. I also enjoy a good RP experience, and if accepted, I would be able to clear out all the people who get in the way of the experience a lot of people on the server enjoy. I am calm and collected, and having spent so long playing games, insults rarely get me riled up. I always try my best to be respectful to those around me, and always try to have fun. However, I'm not afraid to put my foot down when something crosses the line, and I definitely don't shy away for giving people the punishment that they deserve for their actions.

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?: I  would bring the person Mass RDMing into a sit, and attempt to explain to the person breaking rules exactly what they have done wrong. If they are screaming and cursing at me, I would ask them politely to quiet down, and let me speak. If they fail to listen however, I will gag them or mute them if they are using voice chat, or text chat before I continue on with what I was saying. If they had quieted down and been respectful during the sit, I would ask them why they thought it was okay to do this, if they were not respectful, and didn't quiet down, I would simply inform them of the punishment they will be receiving, which would be a five day ban, and a ULX warning. If they were repeatedly insulting me, I will also warn them for staff/player disrespect.

Edited by JelloKhat

Former Rear Admiral