Ben's Officer Application

Benjamonious

What is your name?: Ben

What is your rank?: Navigation Pilot

How long have you been a NCO?: 2 weeks

What rank are you applying for?: Flight Lieutenant 

How many strikes do you have?: 0

Why should we trust you with an Officer rank?: Really committed to SF and want to improve it. I am always active and I am on every day. I am always doing or trying to do tryouts at any time that I can. When everyone is unorganized during an event and I am the highest on I always try to take lead to get us organized and take down the ships faster with less crashes. I have been in the Starfighter Corps since the first week of october. Maybe I’m ahead of myself but doesn’t that just show you my determination to be able to lead everyone. Even if no one is on SF you will see me in the TS channel and on SF either training or practicing flying. Even when I was on my LOA I was paying attention to SF through the discord for any changes they made while I was away. I think I have a lot of good ideas for SF and would like to implement them to keep it fun and less mingey. I have been playing StarwarsRP in general for 2 years so I know what to do.

What can you do to assist command with this rank?: I am the Onyx squad captain and have successfully revived the squad and in under a week we now have 6 active Onyx members. I am always on after school and basically all day during the weekends (Unless I have people over or getting ready for winter) so I can always help out when Sully is busy or just isn’t on. We don’t have many Officers so I will be able to help out the NCO’s with training and Enlisted learning more about SF as they go and teach them how we lead. I want to make sure SF has at more than 4 tryouts a day with at least 1 person passing them. I want to implement and enforce a better battle spacing rule because we have too many people crashing into each other during events which is a waste of time. I want to really enforce PTS during events to only have important information so it’s not really PTS but more like battle comms for things like “X-wing in the airspace” or “One X-wing down” stuff like that that we would need to know instead of kids screaming into their mic about a funny thing they saw. I think we should be in “In character operations rather than Out of Character especially during events but in general it’s so we can use out of character for tryouts so if they fail we didn’t just leak the code to In Character with a random ST. 

Do you agree that if you are striked within the first week you will be put back down to the NCO rank?: Yes I agree.

Edited by Benjamonious
I was promoted, a lot of time passed, I got onyx captain
  • Like 2

Definitely not blacklisted 

+/- Support

+ Support Section

- Active

- Does tryouts

- Friendly or Serious at points 

- Support a lot of SFs suggestions and tries to get others on

- We could do with some better PTS

- Support Section

- Taking lead is good, but when you do it you are sometimes usurping the officers on who are trying to take command.

- Being too serious and in turn too strict can lead to people not wanting to join SF, While some implements of seriousness are needed, SF is doing well because we are unlike other branches that strive on being serious (DT, IF, Purge, Naval, etc.), We are a unique branch

- The In Character and Out of Character thing would cause too much chaos, We can easily move TRNs into the ICC, Changing the channels every time we have a event is tedious and people will easily forget it.

+/- Support Section

- Recently promoted to the Onyx Squad Captain, If anything I would like to see how you do as the captain of the squad, How much you do for your squad, How popular the squad becomes in the battalion, Controlling 9 people is a lot easier than controlling an entire group of Enlisted and NCOs, plus other responsibilities. 

- Thinking what is best for yourself can be a good thing sometimes, sometimes you need to say what's what, However you also need to be able to see what is best for the battalion, Doing so can give you a fair look at everything, Even if its not what the enlisted may want, ask the NCOs. As an Officer you need to follow the idea of putting the needs of many before your self. I’m not sure if I saw what was best for everyone in this application.

Forcing tryouts on NCOs all the time can easily cause them to get burnt out and as a result tryouts come to a complete halt, Letting NCOs do them as they please allows them to feel less stressed as to if they are doing something correct / enough. Talking to Destiny she was stressed about tryouts because of TRNs just being minges. I have seen battalions force daily tryout quotas on the NCOs before and that didn't work out well, A good idea would be to make a competition out of it seeing who can get the most and at the end they get a prize or something along that line. While possibly saying 4 tryouts a day could help, forcing it fully on the NCOs can easily cause burn out, It could also be a stepping stone to more harsh / strict tryout quota.

- From what I’ve seen the crashing into each other only happens when we have a large number of SF on. This is less due to our battle spacing / flight experience, but instead the number of SF on and the limited space outside of the ISD.

Additional Comments
- If you could possibly be more active with the enlisted, aka hosting some small sims or doing some flight certification that could help your chances

- It’s good that you are so interested in SF, but being too strict can lead to people such as the enlisted not liking you entirely which can lead to insubordination, while being strict at points is needed, you should still hold a connection with lower ranks.

Edited by PTOB
  • Like 1

Retired 1st Starfighter Senior Marshall Ptob |