SCP-1025 Test: "Changing Pages"

Cheriti

Name: Researcher Dmitri Sourkraut

Idea: SCP-1025 has had attempts to catalog it before, however I personally believe these attempts to be futile. Since new forms and strands of disease are constantly being made and others fall out of existence, along with new SCP diseases constantly being discovered, I have come to believe that this effects the book and cause the pages to change along with repeats of diseases in the book, representing different strands. In this test I will be using 3 D-Class personnel and having them read the first pages, the middle of the book, and the final pages and recording any repeats from each D-Class, if any are unable to continue reading such as contracting Stone Man Syndrome or dying of cardiac arrest, that portion of the book is done and the cycle continues. Any repeats of diseases will be recorded on paper to prevent any possibility of mixing diseases up or forgetting which were found.

Background Research: SCP-1025, known as the "Encyclopedia of Diseases", is a book which contains information of every disease known and unknown to man, including other SCPs. When information is read silently or allowed, the reader will contract said disease by unknown means.

Hypothesis: I believe that due to the constant addition and removal of diseases worldwide, that SCP-1025's pages can not be mapped as the diseases should constantly be changing locations in the book.

Observations: THESE WILL BE DIVIDED INTO 3 PARTS IN ORDER TO MAKE READING EASIER FOR ANYONE READING THIS TEST LOG, LABELED 1025 TEST 1-3

1025 Test 1: D-Class personnel is forced into the room housing SCP-1025 after some struggle, freed from restraints, and ordered to read the first 1-10 pages of SCP-1025. D-Class complies and reads out the following diseases in order, Regenerative Cancer (Allows the person infected to regenerate lost tissue, reminiscent of SCP-682's regenerative capabilities), Lung Cancer (You can guess what this is), and Cardiac Arrest (sudden cessation of heart, causes death unless some form of resuscitation is attempted). After this subject is proclaimed dead and his body removed from SCP-1025's Containment Cell (Hereby referred to as SCP-1025's CC).

1025 Test 2: D-Class personnel enters SCP-1025's CC without incident and restraints removed, and subject proceeds to read the middle of SCP-1025 when ordered to. D-Class subject reports that it has read about Asthma (Condition that causes problems with the lungs, leading to lower athletic ability and stamina). D-Class is told to read another page, however after doing so ceases all movement and does not respond to physical stimulants besides eye movement, believed to have contracted Stone Man Syndrome. Subject is shortly after terminated mercifully after consenting to death by injection via looking up and down when asked.

1025 Test 3: D-class personnel enters SCP-1025's CC after a struggle including resisting GENSEC CPL's order to enter the cell, subject complies after being threatened with termination on the spot. D-Class is released and reads the last page of SCP-1025 after more struggle, once again threatened with termination. D-Class reports reading about cardiac arrest and immediately falls to the ground convulsing, and after a few minutes proclaimed dead, Repeat of cardiac arrest noted.

Conclusion:  Was thinking that I would stand corrected for once, however the cardiac arrest repeat at the end leads me to believe that I am correct in my idea that SCP-1025's contents are constantly changing and that mapping of its pages is simply impossible, and all further attempts to do so should not be allowed due to a waste of time and foundation resources.

Was your hypothesis correct?: To put it simply, yes. To put it less simply, due to the way that diseases are constantly changing and being killed off, much like animal species, SCP-1025's pages are affected by this, causing them to change and have repeats throughout the book, however it should still be used in order to identify new threats and anomalous diseases if possible.

Edited by Cheriti
Nearly forgot to put in the hypothesis part, so ye had to fix that