SCP-049 Test

Essig

Lore Name: Doctor John Fish

Experiment: An intellectual discussion with SCP-049 as to what the plague is that it refers to constantly as well as other information regarding it.

Background Research: SCP-049, A plague doctor in appearance. He holds a "curing" hand that when it touches you, you become "cured". SCP-049 even goes as far as to turn some into zombie-like creatures.

Hypothesis: If the conversation goes well, perhaps we could have more information at our disposal as to what SCP-049 is or even what the plague it refers to is and how we could even combat the plague.

The following is what occurs during this experiment I conducted. 

The test starts off by informing SCP-049 as to what is going to occur. SCP-049 appears pleased with the fact that they will partake in conversation (This interest and even joy is something of note). I had a guard open the door to SCP-049's chamber. I then sent in D-Class "Aggressive" Steve, Steve began a conversation with SCP-049 by asking him a few starter questions to lighten the mood. The discussion will be displayed below.

Discussion:

D will signify the D-Class

P will signify SCP-049

D - Hello, uh, what kind of music are you a fan of?

P - Classical.

D - Any in particular?

P - Beethoven.

D - Oh, Beethoven? I understand that you are from the era of Beethoven/The Plague.

D - Would you tell me about the plague that you claim to see on us?

P - I see that you have the plague and I have the cure.

D - I understand you have the cure but would you tell me about it like how its spread, etc?

- During this conversation SCP-049 move closer to him every so often. The D-Class of course moves away from him. -

P - It spreads everywhere. The air, animals, people... everywhere.

- At this point, it has become clear that SCP-049 is getting antsy and is preparing to "cure" the D-Class known as "Aggressive" Steve. - 

D - Perhaps, you could be more specific on what the plague is and all that? It could really help out the foundation, they could possibly even assist you in your task.

P - The plague is the plague and I have the cure. I am going to cure you.

- The D-Class begins to run around the chamber in a vain attempt to escape. He is of course "cured" and become one of the mindless drones that SCP-049 is quite fond of making. -

- Having learned all we could, the guard eliminated the "zombie" and we ended the test. -

Analysis/Conclusion: While we haven't learned much from SCP-049 we have learned a fair amount of information that brings us one step closer to understanding him and even the plague he talks about. The experiment was successful I would say. SCP-049 was able to carry a meaningful and intellectual conversation for even a short while before "curing" our D-Class subject. 

Was my hypothesis correct?:  I do believe that it was a success. We got some new information on SCP-049 and we were able to carry an intellectual conversation with him for a good amount of time. We also were able to capture real emotions from him such as joy or even excitement as to what was to come.\

- Doctor Fish -

- Logging Off- 

Grade: 45

Lore: 20/20

I don't see any problems with the lore in this test/interview.

Creativity: 5/20

From what I see in the question/topic part of the test log all you are trying to do is learn what the pestilence is with a interview.

Presentation: 5/20

This is the wrong format for interviews.

Writing: 15/40

I see a few grammar/spelling errors and some punctuation errors, also you put a random "\" after you wrote the last sentence.

Test quality: Sub-standard.

image.png.804abb6033fd5a8100014ada1cffe233.png.21c26cc6b5dbe0b247a2f25663e7288b.png