SCP-173 ~ Research(3/3/19)

Gokborg

Lore Name: Gokborg

Clearance Level: 1

List of personnel involved in testing: 1 Security

Level D personnel involved: 2 class D

SCP: 173

Hypothesis: I ran two tests. The first test was to see SCP-173's reaction to witnessing a class D getting abused. The second test was to see SCP-173's reaction to threats. For my first test, I hypothesized that SCP-173 would attack the abuser (the security officer) . For my second test, I hypothesized the SCP would slaughter the attacker.

Observation:

During the first test, I noticed the SCP showing signs of annoyance at the security officer. After I blinked, he was dead.

The second test happened coincidentally. The class-D noticed this was his chance to escape. He pulled an Ak-47 on the SCP. After blinking, the class-D was slaughtered and the SCP looked into my eyes. Even though he was up in my face, I felt no signs of aggression towards me. 

Visual Stimuli (Photos/videos):

Example of the class-D being abused for the first test:rp_site050022.thumb.jpg.54cde3f3c5246656034a3337c9830581.jpg

Example of the class-D threatening SCP-173:

rp_site050027.thumb.jpg.e53c23420aafc3642cfc27788810b379.jpg

Errors and/or safety hazards: I was in the cell during the experiment (however, I was too curious not to be). I had the security officer sign a waiver before conducting the experiment.

Conclusion: This experiment has really encouraged me to explore more about SCP-173. I learned that SCP-173 had more friendly behavior then I expected. It is good to note that the class-D had depression. This could be an explanation for why SCP-173 did not, in the first test, attack the class-D. I still fail to understand why SCP-173 hadn't killed me during the experiment. I plan to continue exploring this topic.

Edited by Gokborg