Jacket - Forum Diplomat Application

Jacket

In-Game Name: Jacket

Steam Name: [GL]Jacket 

SteamID:STEAM_0:0:136792286

Are you a Moderator+? Yes, I have held the rank for one week as of 3/8/2018. 

How many posts do you have on the website? 262 

How often are you online on the forums? I frequently check the forum on a daily basis. My activity level depends on work, school schedule; however, at minimum, I'm active mornings and evenings. 

What timezone are you in? EST

Why would you want to join our Forum Diplomat team? 

I consider this the next step in my journey as a Gaming Light staff member. Since I am on the forums every day I would be able to increase my productivity by being able to moderate the forum. I want to help and this will allow me to help in the area of GL that I am most actively engaged in. I also want to help keep the forum a clean and friendly environment. 

Would you consider yourself to have good judgment? If so, how?

I have my moments, but I am a (semi) mature person who has moral standards; I won't settle for anything less than the right decision. 

I pride myself on my morality and my ability to make a righteous judgment. I will always look at the issue from the other person's shoes so that they feel like they receive quality support; this is customer service which has to include customer satisfaction as a priority. 

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming the shoutbox due to getting banned from one of our servers?

I will delete the member's posts and ask them to stop via the shoutbox. I would then send them a private message with a link to the ban appeal section of the appropriate server. I may follow up by inviting them to join Teamspeak so I can talk them through the appeal steps and hopefully stop any further spam. I would also write down their name so that if I hear/see any more issues I would be able to know what issues we've had in the past. 

Edited by Jacket
Added a poll :)

• 2 weeks later...