Jrshafer's TM app- Accepted

Jrshafer

What is your in-game name?: Jrshafer

What is your steam name?: Jrshafer

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:634616623

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): 

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Yes, On this server i was a former Senior mod

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) Jan of 2022

What date did you make your forums account? January 1, 2022

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? None

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc) Plat

Are you a staff member in another community? Nope

Have you read the staff handbook? Yes

Timezone: EST

What rank are you applying for? T mod 

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

Having been an enthusiastic member of the server for nearly two years, I have developed a profound understanding of its culture, rules, and player base. Furthermore, I have a history of contributing positively to the community as a staff member and senior event team in previous roles, which has equipped me with the skills and knowledge necessary to excel in this role. I have consistently demonstrated my trustworthiness and commitment to maintaining a fair and enjoyable gaming environment. I am committed to maintaining a safe and fair gaming environment. I understand the importance of being reliable and accountable as a staff member. I take my responsibilities seriously, ensuring that players adhere to server rules, resolving disputes, and promoting a welcoming and immersive RP experience. Additionally, my experience with event management has allowed me to organize and execute engaging in-game events, enhancing the overall player experience. I am confident that my dedication, expertise, and trustworthiness make me an ideal candidate for a staff member! 

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?

First and foremost, always remain professional and calm when addressing the player. Avoid personal attacks and maintain a respectful tone. Make sure you thoroughly understand the context of the issue. Second I would verify that the punishments were justified and appropriate based on the server's rules and guidelines. If there's any doubt, I would seek input from other staff members or review evidence. If the player continues to disregard the rules and punishments I would call for a higher ranking admin depending on their judgement and how new the player is i would suggest a verbal warning and Keeping an eye on the player's behavior 

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?
Before taking any action, I would first gather all available information. Review the bug report, talk to the reporting player, and inspect the player's actions to ensure you have a clear understanding of the situation. I would pull the person who is being accused aside for a private conversation and Start by explaining the bug they are accused of exploiting! I would give the player an opportunity to explain their actions, and ask them for their perspective and why they believe their actions were in line with server rules! I would present the relevant server rules and guidelines, particularly those related to exploiting bugs or glitches If i have evidence of the bug abuse, i would share this with the player. Based on the information gathered and the player's response, I would then make a fair and well-considered decision. If it's clear that the player knowingly abused the bug, I would take appropriate action based on the server's policies

image_2023-11-04_184332599.png

Edited by Jrshafer

Current Ranks Chaos Insurgency CMDR Jrshafer | Security 2LT | Assistant Chief of EMS 

Former Ranks!
Former Alpha-1 Captain Former Physician Former Deputy Head of 
Security Armored Shield Former Member of the Community Blacklist Team

• Head Admin

Pretty decent person who knows what he's doing for the most part
Likes goofing off but is trustworthy

+ Support

Edited by Isaac Jones
grammarr
  • Heart-Eyes 1

Chief Of Security

H.I.R.U. Shiro // Alpha-1 CSM \\ Exspira Hercules

Head Admin

Former:  // CI 2nd LT \\ Support Supervisor

14 hours ago, Isaac Jones said:

Pretty decent person who knows what he's doing for the most part
Likes goofing off but is trustworthy

+ Support

Current: Security DCoS | SM | DHFW | EXCM | RMS | FTO | Secret Service DCOO

Retired: Nu-7 CPT

+support
-Prior staff experience + Event Team
-Proof of warns 
-Solid app
Overall, a great dude. Would be a great addition to the staff team

Current RP Ranks: Director of Research and Security
Former RP Ranks: RRH Guardian Mike 11, A-1 CSM "Matador", Chief Juggernaut/Elder, Chief of Security, CI SM

"Look at Gaga. She's the creative director of Polaroid. I like some of the Gaga songs. What the fuck does she know about cameras?" - Ye

9 hours ago, Gucci Bucket Hat said:

+support
-Prior staff experience + Event Team
-Proof of warns 
-Solid app
Overall, a great dude. Would be a great addition to the staff team

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

• Manager

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)