Easton - Senior Officer Application

Eastonsz

What is your in game rank and name?

SO CPO - Easton

What is your STEAM ID?

STEAM_0:1:72421312

Names of both Lieutenant Commander+ (MAJ+) that gave you permission to apply?

Sam, Hopfner

How long have you been in Naval?

9/18/23

Why do you wish to become a Senior Officer?

I want to become a senior officer so I can further assist and advance the ISD, in a position that puts me in a better place to do so. Through being an NCO, and being more exposed to leadership and management responsibilities, it has heightened my passion to continue to lead Naval and the rest of the Army. Being a Senior Officer will allow me to assist and train Junior Officers to make sure they are well-versed with Naval practices, and are properly guiding the Enlisted troops. I feel through my experience and knowledge I am able to bring to the table new ideas, perspectives, and practices, allowing the ISD to continue to thrive.

What are the duties of a Senior Officer?

The duties follow that of Enlisted, NCO, and the additional responsibilities that come with being a Senior Officer. Being placed in this position doesn’t remove you from duties followed by those ranked below you. A Senior Officer is still required to do things like supply runs, and even hop into the pits on bridge when necessary. Of course these are not their primary duties, but these tasks cannot be forgotten.

A senior officer is expected to lead and engage the naval community, making sure things are operating as they should. They are tasked with training junior officers, and continue to act as a role model for enlisted. Senior officers enforce and display the discipline it takes to allow naval to maintain its status of being a serious and elite regiment. They are able to take command of Navy and ISD, and take charge of the bridge/ship at moments notice.

How will you assist the battalion as a Senior Officer?

I will assist the battalion as a Senior Officer by displaying and enforcing proper naval practices/policies, and ensuring a positive environment on/off the ship. Although Naval is a serious regiment, there is a need for balance to keep the morale of the regiment high, and I plan to oversee this. Enforcing, and completing quotas is something I see as highly important and necessary. Making sure training, tryouts, and simulations are constantly being conducted, greatly assists making sure Naval are active and engaged throughout the week. Through being a Security Officer, I will be a stronger advocate for the subdivisions that naval has to offer. These divisions were implemented for a reason, and they are what help the regiment be portrayed as desirable, strong, and versatile.

What qualifies you to be a Senior Officer?

My experience is one of the reasons I am qualified for this position. Having past command experience, I know what it takes to keep a regiment moving forward and engaged. On the ISD Consilio I have embedded myself deeply into naval, always being a leader and ensuring things are operating as they should. I have taken on the additional responsibility in becoming a Security Officer; this speaks for my skills, dedication, and involvement with the regiment. I have spent much time working closely with past/present Senior Officers, and I have grasped and demonstrated what it takes to become a Senior Officer on and off the ship.

Thank you for reading, and for your consideration.