Easton NCO Application

Eastonsz

What is your in game rank and name: Crewman - Easton

What is your STEAM ID?: STEAM_0:1:72421312

How long have you been in Naval: 9/18/23

Why do you wish to become a Junior Officer? 

Becoming Junior Officer is a necessary next-step for myself, and there are three components to it. The first being leadership. I want to be able to lead crewman and other enlisted, and teach them proper actions and practices whilst on-ship. The second is personal experience and advancement. Having good knowledge currently about Naval and its operation, becoming a Junior officer is where my experience and learning will thrive. Being a NCO exposes me to new opportunities and experiences, that will greatly enhance my skills and abilities with the navy. The final component is assistance to my superiors. Being an NCO puts me in a much better position to assist my direct command chain, as well as the rest of the ship, with the heightened role and responsibilities that come along with being a Junior Officer.

What are the duties of a Junior Officer?

Junior officers are expected to have a strong understanding of the Imperial Navy. One of their larger duties is to demonstrate and lead crewman through the necessary on-ship operations and practices. They are held to a high standard of teaching enlisted and assisting their superiors; often hosting tryouts and managing enlisted.

How will you assist the battalion as a Junior Officer?

I bring to the table many years of leadership and command experience. I have seen what works and what doesn't, how communities fluctuate, and the drive/commitment needed to keep a community of this size engaged. Having a strong understanding of this is how I will be of assistance as Junior Officer, alongside the listed duties/responsibilities. I understand that being an NCO isn't just about leadership. Its about continuing to practice what I teach, continuing knowing how to take orders, and continuing to being open to feedback and ideas from anyone at any rank on the ship. Anyone can read the Handbook and know how our Naval operates. It's the understanding of the roles and responsibilities you can't find on any document or handbook, is what makes an officer thrive. That's what I bring to the table, and how I plan to assist the battalion as a Junior Officer.