1. 1. Should I Be Staff?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

What is your in-game name?: Devil Doc

What is your steam name?: Devil Doc

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:589296216 

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): _devildoc

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain)  Currently I'm an ETM.  I was an Elite Admin on the DarkRP server back when that existed.  Zeeptin and Sonic were both Co-owners at the time.

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) I've been playing on GL since the original DarkRP server back in like 2014 or something around then.

What date did you make your forums account?  November 26, 2021

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? 0

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc) Platinum

Are you a staff member in another community? I am not

Have you read the staff handbook? Yes

Timezone: PST

What rank are you applying for? Trial Moderator

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

-Honestly I don't think it's a case of "deserve".  I would like an opportunity to be staff on the server.  I've played on it for coming up on 3 years now.  I never had the time or ability to commit to applying to staff and seeing it through.  Now with my new position, I feel like I have an adequate amount of time to be able to balance my RP with being a staff member.  I'm 21, an HM3 in the Navy.  I feel like I have the necessary skills and temperament required to be staff in this community.  The military in general is a very quickly evolving organization and so is this server.  I think the tempos match relatively well.  This server gains new rules, SCPs, branches, etc. and I feel like I can keep up with that and help "give back" to the community that's given me a lot of joy over the years.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

- Personally, I'd just ignore their insults/curses and punish them according to the staff guidelines.  Punishing them obviously depends on whether or not the accuser has proof of the RDM since blogs only show a person was killed.  If the person continues to curse at me/other players/staff, as a TMod I'm going to route it up further the CoC so they can be warned/banned for player disrespect

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?  

-Separate them, then divide and conquer.  If we separate them, it'll allow the staff team to get everyone's side of the story uninterrupted and without conflict.  Then we can handle the situation accordingly with whatever the sit is about.  Basically separating and coordinating with some other available staff members so we can resolve it without all the toxicity.  If they continue to be toxic after being warned, then honestly, I would just close the ticket.  If the accuser doesn't care enough to be civil during his requested sit, then clearly he must not care about the sit enough.

WARNS: https://imgur.com/a/NaNfXAD

Edited by Devil Doc

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT