General Suggestion - A "Bright" Idea - Denied

Solid Steps

What are you suggesting? - Remove Doctor Bright's NLR, allow him to retain information after death (he can still be amnesticized), and lower what is considered FailRP for him due to his lore demeanor and derangement. Doctor Bright is an IRL minge and should be allowed to act as such on the server to some extent.

How would this change better the server? - Doctor Bright, a gold level donator class, is currently entirely underwhelming and very much unused. It is an element of chaos and comedic relief that could absolutely shift certain situations. With these changes made, Doctor Bright could almost create player-made events giving even more RP and entertainment.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - It will be quite easy for this to be abused in a way. Re-establishing these rules will cause some problems for sure but I feel the upsides and added fun outweigh it.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Gold+ players and research due to the added interest

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

+Support Dr bright is literally a immortal scp doctor, I know we are not that lore friendly but come on, the dr bright we have rn is not even dr bright its just a researcher job with the name.

Edited by a frog
spelling error :skull:

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

On 7/24/2023 at 9:18 PM, a frog said:

+Support Dr bright is literally a immortal scp doctor, I know we are not that lore friendly but come on, the dr bright we have rn is not even dr bright its just a researcher job with the name.

Retired Medical Low Command and Senior Command

-support

i know that "IN LORE DOCTOR BRIGHT IS AN SCP!!11!!1" but consider the following, we are NOT a fucking lore focused server. if we were a lore focused server we wouldnt have researchers running around with weaponry we wouldnt have MTF always inside the facility and we sure as hell wouldnt have O5 council members running around with giant ass proton cannons.

This will just be minged even more than dr bright already is.

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

17 hours ago, Tazza said:

-support

i know that "IN LORE DOCTOR BRIGHT IS AN SCP!!11!!1" but consider the following, we are NOT a fucking lore focused server. if we were a lore focused server we wouldnt have researchers running around with weaponry we wouldnt have MTF always inside the facility and we sure as hell wouldnt have O5 council members running around with giant ass proton cannons.

This will just be minged even more than dr bright already is.

do not listen to tazza he is wrong

• Skull 1

Current CI SM, AND DHLS 

Former EMF Jan 2 Lysol

Denied. The SCP-RP SMT has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT