2 members have voted

1. 1. Should i be given a chance?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: Nick Waltson

What is your steam name?: W-G ALeXAnDeR 

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:438836091

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): XXXgingerbreadXXX1#7030

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain): No.

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly): Around a week and a half ago.

What date did you make your forums account?: Exactly a week ago.

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?: None.

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc): Bronze.

Are you a staff member in another community?: No.

Have you read the staff handbook?: Yes.

Timezone: GMT+2

What rank are you applying for?: Trial Moderator

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum): I haven't been on the server for very long but i'm familiar with most things but i have to say i also have a lot more to learn. I'm active on the server and i really enjoy the time i spend with people, everyone is nice and willing to help so i want to become one of the people who are helping the server by become a member of the staff team. I want to help with keeping this community as nice as it is now. I can calmly and patiently handle situations and i can really ''play'' with my words if i can say it like that. I really enjoy helping people, i can listen to everyone without being annoyed and make sure justice is served properly, also i'm never biased in my decisions and always follow the rules for punishing anybody to ensure i give the proper punishment. (I know everything is all over the place, i'm truly sorry)

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are assessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you? So firstly i will tell them to calm down and give them a verbal warning that they shouldn't disrespect members of the server and after that i will check the logs to confirm that the said person indeed did a mass RDM. If they do calm down i will just leave them with a verbal warning for disrespect and call a moderator+ to issue a 5 day ban to the person, if they don't i will issue a formal warning and call a modertator+ to issue a 5 day ban. 

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation? Firstly i will tell all 5 players to calm down and keep quiet, after that i call them one by one to explain their side of the story. After the information i have gathered i will ask for proof and issue the proper punishment for the player/players that broke the rules.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving? If i see a person doesn't care about being punished i will issue the highest punishment i can depending on the rule/rules he broke. On the other hand if i see that the player is truly sorry for what they did i might lower the punishment depending on the severity of the situation.

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this? So firstly i will bring both the reporter and reportee to me. Then i would ask the reporter to explain the situation to me and after that i will do the same with the reportee. After i hear both sides i will ask for proof from the reporter that this happened. If i don't get solid proof i won't issue any punishments. If there is i will issue either a verbal warning or a formal warning depending on the severity of the bug abused by the reportee.

Warns

Edited by W-G ALeXAnDeR

9 minutes ago, W-G ALeXAnDeR said:

I thought of that but i decided to give it a shot anyway. Lastly, when should i try again? Thank you for your opinion and time.

you should maybe try to apply again when more people know you and have a better opinion, other than that, Moderators cant ban, Senior Mods can

• Like 1

Current: |{Clan} U.I.U Junor Agent|Lead Researcher| 

Former/Retired: Research Assistant Manager-SCP-RP: Senior Moderator 

Denied

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided not to accept you for staff. This can be because of your application, experience, behavior, feedback, or other unstated reasons. You may re-apply in 1 week.

• Like 1

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT