Repairing minigames for maintenance jobs

Solarium

Post name: Repairing minigames for maintenance jobs

What are you suggesting? A form of minigame/s to be played to fix stuff around site. 2. Adding things around site that could break randomly that would need maintenance to fix it.

How would this change better the server? - It would boost maintenance numbers and add a form of variety by adding new things to do as a maintenance whilst fixing things, currently all maintenance really does is hold m2 for trash and hold e for door fixing and other RP stuff isn't really there to do. So adding minigame tasks from games like among us a, dead by daylight/gears of war skill checks, things like this would add more replay ability and variety. 2. This idea would also give maintenance more thing to do other than relying on SCPs to break things. For example the blast door in nu7 CP could have a generator connected to it that could short circuit or whatnot, maintenance would then need to respond to that and rewire the generator using mentioned minigame and fix the door. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. It could get annoying over time and could happen at bad times like a door opening for an SCP and if no SCPs are online it could negatively affect site.

Who would this change mostly benefit? Maintenance

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

NU-7 MAJMaintenance Manager
GamingLight's biggest Gears of war Fan

+/- support

- Could get overwhelming if there are a few maint on and if none are on (mostly dead hours) well, big RIP

- Time consuming so it depends what it happens on. If blast doors need to be fixed it's normally during a breach already, we don't always have time for minigames 

+ Could give us more to do during non scp breache times which you mentioned

If there is a way to configure it to be less present during high scp flag ups I can see how it would be a fun idea. I just have a feeling it could get really inconvenient. 

28 minutes ago, Zeffy.z1 said:

+/- support

- Could get overwhelming if there are a few maint on and if none are on (mostly dead hours) well, big RIP

- Time consuming so it depends what it happens on. If blast doors need to be fixed it's normally during a breach already, we don't always have time for minigames 

If there is a way to configure it to be less present during high scp flag ups I can see how it would be a fun idea. I just have a feeling it could get really inconvenient. 

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

+Support

Would add a really cool new skill for maint to get good at.

Maintenance > other branches

Retired Head of Maintenance and Engineering

Former D5 2LT | Formerly RRH Logistics "OL-13" | Former Alpha-1 Captain 'Antarctica' Vulcan Award Winner |

Former Senior Admin/Forum Diplomat, Former Event Team Member

On 7/4/2023 at 1:18 PM, Zeffy.z1 said:

+/- support

Police RP (retired): Staff | PD Major | SWAT MSGT | Blaze President

Imperial RP (retired): Naval Commodore | Staff & Gamemaster

Military RP (retired): USMC Captain | DI LT | kamikaze pilot

On 7/5/2023 at 8:56 PM, Waltuh White said:

+ support. 

if it could be configured so that when more players are on there are more breakages and with less players a lower chance that would be nice.

On 7/4/2023 at 10:18 PM, Zeffy.z1 said:

+/- support

+support 
Could be a really cool addition besides just a "roll"

Current RP Ranks: Director of Research and Security
Former RP Ranks: RRH Guardian Mike 11, A-1 CSM "Matador", Chief Juggernaut/Elder, Chief of Security, CI SM

"Look at Gaga. She's the creative director of Polaroid. I like some of the Gaga songs. What the fuck does she know about cameras?" - Ye

• 3 weeks later...

+support, could make it to where broken doors can have a bypass staff can use, so if maint is in a hurry, a staff can be  called and rolled off with for the sake of speed.

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar