Warn Appeal - Johny boi

Johny boi

Your In-game Name: Johny boi

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:100135046

The admin's name in-game: STF D4 Thanatos TH0

What warning did you receive: Fail RP

When did you receive this warning: Tuesday, May 16th

Please give a description of the situation that led to the warning: (Playing as Research) While conducting a SCP-194 test alongside AR WID, SU-Genesis-S.148, and O5-2 "The Infected" we were attacked by a CI Infiltrator. Me and AR WID pulled out our riot shields to defend ourselves while O5-2 and Genesis began shooting back, but after the CI Infiltrator unloaded a clip into our riot shields we both pelled out weapons and began to shoot. I was the one who shot the last bullet that killed the Infiltrator so I was the one who got reported.

Why do you think this warn was false: As stated on the Gaminglight SCP rules under Foundation Staff - GenSec, Research. Maintenance, Medical "The self-defense clause is satisfied by observing CI personnel, D-Class or SCPs attack other non-combatants or being attacked themselves." Only after being shot at by the Infiltrator did I shoot him, so me killing the CI Infiltrator should've fallen under self-defense and not FailRP. The reasoning I got for why it was FailRP was because the damage logs showed that the Ci Infiltrator did not damage me specifically during the timeframe of the events and that because I did not take any damage, I wasn't allowed to shoot back.

Evidence the warning is false: I'm not sure if logs go that far back, but I couldn't recover the clip that was taken but, O5-2 "The Infected" was there and can verify the timeline of events.

From my end, I issued the warn because the CI infiltrator was firing upon the O5, I did not see from the clip, where the infil had fired upon the noncombatants even after they pulled their riot shields out. I do not have the clip, nor do I remember the infil in question to receive the clip from. Given the evidence at the time and lack of damage logs from what I saw I decided to use the warn for FailRP for the non combatant clause. 

I have no evidence of this, however, I feel that it is important to note that when asked why they had fired upon the infil they stated that, "because he was shooting in our direction."

Current: E-11 1LT, Deputy Head of Ranger Operations Edwards A-1 SPC ███████

Former: D5 Raptor Operative Corporal Edwards; IAA Senior Agent Oklahoma | Maintenance Adept Arthur; MMF Jan 4 Scotch-Brite | CI PFC Erickson | GenSec Lance Corporal Edwards | Nu-7 Master Sergeant Johnson

Given the lack of evidence supporting this appeal, I do not see a valid reason to overturn the warn. While I personally would have most likely given a verbal, it is at the staff member's discretion.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT