Stage / Quat's SCP-106 Maintenance Log

Stage

Name: Stage / Quats

Log:
It was during my patrol around HCZ that my tablet notified me of the damaged containment chamber belonging to SCP-106. SCP-106 had breached some time before, so long ago in fact that that I didn't even know it was out. 
I started off by conducting a thorough inspection of SCP-106's inner containment chamber, of which I got the following:

• Integrity of the cell door: 0/120
  • Status of the door's button's electrical components: 71/100
  • Integrity of the door frame: 89/100
  • Integrity of the cell's walls, flooring, baseplate and roof: 75/100
  • Status of the femur breaker: 52/100

After I finished my inspection, I got to work actually repairing everything. First, I needed to disassemble the door in order to reach the internal components, however, SCP-106 is notorious for its tendency to spread a sticky and corrosive mucus on everything it touches, including the door that I intended to handle. So before I could do that, I needed to clean it. I started by making sure I was completely protected with the proper PPE, as getting this shit biohazard on my skin would be a safety hazard and the medical bay is two zones away. Once properly equipped, I got to work cleaning away the sludge. The cell itself was in decent shape, but the door -or rather what was left of it- was caked in the stuff (how the frame managed to remain undamaged is beyond me).

After cleaning the majority of the cell, I cleaned the sides of the door just enough as to allow me to cut it free of the frame, this way I could easily dispose of both the mucus and the door. Once the door was detached and safely stored away, I got to work on the it's internal systems, here's what I found:

• Status of the door's electrical systems: 70/100
  • Integrity of the door's mechanical components: 44/100

The electrical systems weren't in the best condition, but it was clear that the damage that was done wasn't critical and just needed a few wire replacements. The mechanical components on the other hand were in a much worse state. Some of the gears and belts were salvageable, but there were obvious signs of decay on some of the components that would have significantly degraded the quality of the metal cogwheels, and needed replacing. I removed all the damaged parts and stored them in a biohazard bin for later salvaging. 

After I was done stripping the door from the frame, I got to work repairing the minimal damages done to the cell itself. SCP-106's inner containment chamber is composed of several layered sheets of lead-lined steel with scattered supports located in-between the sheets. The most inner sheet had minimal decay, but due to the nature of SCP-106's corrosive effects, it was safest to assume that the entire sheet was compromised. I stripped away the inner sheet and placed the pieces next to the decaying door. After that, I replaced the hydraulic piston in the femur breaker with a fresh one and re-attached a few loose wires in the button that controls the door. 

After all the stripping was complete, I of course had to replace it all. I requested that the replacement parts be delivered down to SCP-106's containment chamber (the parts were stored in the surface bunker, a location I do not have the clearance to visit myself) and once they arrived, I got to work installing them. I started with the inner layer of lead-lined steel which was a simple enough task, followed by the electrical and mechanical components of the door, and finishing with the fresh door itself. This concluded the bulk of the necessary repairs.

Finally, once all that was done, I took a moment to have a quick lunch break before moving on to the ELO-IID electromagnetic systems and the femur breaker recall button. I started with a quick dry-fire of the femur breaker, of which I got the following results:

• Attempted activation of the SCP-106 recall system: Failure.

Once I got the results, I concluded that something must have been wrong with the transmitter that relays the electrical signal from the control panel to the femur breaker. Armed with this in mind, I grabbed a ladder and did an inspection of the wiring and the transmitter located on the opposite wall from the panel. Here were the results:

• Status of the transmitter: 92/100
  • Status of the electrical connection: 33/100

I swiftly replaced the wiring and went back for another dry-fire, which functioned as normal. From here, all I had left to do was make sure that the ELO-IID electromagnetic supports located below the inner chamber were undamaged and functioning normally. I re-enabled the magnetic systems via the reboot lever located in the control room, and attached four (4) steel support beams to the chamber, allowing the magnets to be disabled and repaired without the chamber falling to the ground. I inspected each of the nine (9) ELO-IID electromagnets for damage or decay, here were the results from top left to bottom right:

• ELO-IID Electromagnet 01: 79/100
  • ELO-IID Electromagnet 02: 44/100
  • ELO-IID Electromagnet 03: 98/100
  • ELO-IID Electromagnet 04: 89/100
  • ELO-IID Electromagnet 05: 98/100
  • ELO-IID Electromagnet 06: 91/100
  • ELO-IID Electromagnet 07: 100/100
  • ELO-IID Electromagnet 08: 4/100
  • ELO-IID Electromagnet 09: 53/100

ELO-IID Electromagnetic systems 03, 04, 05, 06 and 07 were in perfect condition, system 01 was in minor disrepair, systems 02 and 09 were experiencing moderate decay damage, and system 08 was completely decayed to the point where a three (3) metre hole had been tunneled through the magnet and into the floor below. System 01 was an easy fix, only requiring a replacement coil, and systems 02 and 09 needed a replacement iron core along with a few external wire repairs. System 08 needed to be completely replaced with a spare magnet brought down from the surface bunker, along with some concrete mix to fill in the hole. After all that, I turned the ELO-IID Electromagnetic system back online, and removed the four (4) support beams. 

And with that, SCP-106's containment chamber had been fully repaired. I took all the old pieces off to either be scrapped for later use or completely disintegrated due to the high level of corrosive mucus. The overall repair took nearly four (4) hours to complete. Shortly after, SCP-106 was re-contained via the recall system. 

Attached are a few screenshots from ingame:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Current

| Vice Sovereign Kir Kanos |
Former

| Shadow Guard VII Stage (2020) || Shadow Guard Lead Ren Blackstar (2023-2024)|

GRADING ASSIGNED...

Edited by spider

spacer.png

Honesty checks: This log was deemed not generated by AI nor plagiarized in any way, shape, or form.

Presentation: Presentation is well as it can be in the forums itself. To elevate this, please create a google document to allow more advanced creation and presentation of your document. Overall it's easy to read, well structured, and accommodated with good visuals. 

Score: (21.25/25)

Quality: Advanced to say the least. The mechanics seem authentic and well-improvised with thought out and well-done roleplay. I can't judge the actual validity of any of these mechanics, as there was none explicitly stated, but overall a good read. More advanced, in-depth mechanics accommodated by theoretical engineering/designs/ideas would elevate this to a near-perfect if not completely perfect score in my eyes.

Score: (21.75/25)

Writing: There is quite a lot needed in this category. I have decided for my rubric I will be taking half a point for each grammatical error and a full point for each spelling error. Consult websites like grammarly to remedy this.

Score: (23.25/25)

Creativity: There isn't much more I could have asked for in terms of creativity. Obviously you could do a lot more strange stuff but this is great roleplay made of thin air, exactly what I want. I will leave room for improvement in more strange/anomalous/theoretical engineering though.

Score: (23.25/25)

Final Score: (89.5/100) Congrats!

Edited by Solid Steps