Yamato's Trial Moderator Application (take 3) - Denied

Yamato

Yes? no? Maybe? depends. your decision, not mine.   

1. 1. Am i worthy of being placed upon the staff team?

• Yes.
    • No.

This poll is closed to new votes

What is your in-game name?: Yamato

What is your steam name?: [GL] Ethan06

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:101762856

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): Atago2.0#7434

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: 
-Ex. Moderator of Gaminglight. 
-Discord Staffing, multiple servers. (non communities)

What date did you start playing on the community? 
February 26th 2021

What date did you make your forums account?
March 2, 2021

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?
(proof is in links to older applications)[below]

Screenshot_20230403_072447_Chrome.thumb.jpg.502e5f255d1476a538de1379ab499718.jpg

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc)
Gold

Are you a staff member in another community?
Nope

Have you read the staff handbook?
Essentially Memorized. Pinned, and always open. 

Timezone: CST

What rank are you applying for? >Trial Moderator< / Moderator

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)
These Applications right here.  

Those applications yes.  however! just sending those wouldn't be enough huh? since that'd be me being lazy right? 
So! Reasons I should be the rank I wish to become! 
+ Ex. Moderator! 
+common sense!
+Respectable
+decent reputation in the community
+Known by a decent handful of members
+very trained in the art of shutting up and listening.
+Also trained in the art of detecting BS and being a investigator
+Very unbiased
(unless it comes to branches. then it's Nu7 all the way)
+2 years in the community
+never makes accusations without a full story.

- Quotas are the bane of my existence 
-Not always active due to school
-Can get very upset when having a bad day
-Real Life sucks.
-Very anti-social and gets anxious under-pressure.

+/-insanely scared of messing up while on duty.

Scenario questions:
Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?
As everyone who has read the Handbook knows, 4x RDM (MRDM) is a Formal Warning + 5 day ban!  5 days! That's a whole business week! 
However before I can even attempt this, I'd have to call in an Admin+ to issue the ban, if none are available I go to the ban request channel in the staff discord. 
Now, there's another issue, they're saying really bad, mean words at me, they don't hurt my feelings but it's still staff diss. I'll let them say. . 5 bad words before adding "Staff diss" to the warn information.  If they continue, we go with "Staff Diss x2". Our Warn info now consists of
{!warn [player] MRDMx?/StaffDissx2}   
"What if they get racist or homophobic"
Then we add Racism and/or homophobic to the warn info. and extend the ban length to either a week or permanent.
{!warn [Player] MRDMx?/StafDissX?/Racism/homophobia}
Then my trusty admin goes
{!ban [player] <warn info/ban reason> "on behalf of Yamato"}
Situation dealt with.

While all of this is going on I'd nicely request that they calm down and speak with me. If they don't comply then I do what's above^^

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?
This is insanely common, like, overly guaranteed to happen every day.
It's hard to catch someone doing it without watching them like a hawk, and when they are caught or they realize there's suspicion, they leave before anything happens. Unfortunately for staff, we cannot do anything, without video proof. So without it we can't do anything. 
Now! exploitation of glitches or bugs falls under Failrp. MEANING!! 
Once caught the first time, I will speak with them formally at a nice dinner table in the most expensive restaurant in town and request that they don't do it again (verbal warning).
IF however my amazing steak dinner date doesn't work out and they are caught red handed again! 
I will speak to them in my gentlemanly voice with my nice tuxedo suit and inform them that they are receiving a formal warning for exploitation. I will also call 911 because they'll have to go to jail for 160 seconds! That's like a year in GMod time!
By the 3rd time I won't be mister respectful nice guy, and I'll take them to jail myself (300 second jail time) 
Oh! wait! He 'swears he followed server rules', "Well kind sire, allow me to show you rule 12 of the SCPRP MOTD. You my friend have been caught red handed! breaking this rule in this video! Do you plead guilty or shall you continue lying to staff?!"
IF thine suspect refused to plead guilty despite clear and present evidence, I shall give them the honorable Formal warning of staff diss! 
{!warn <player> FailRPx3(Exploiting)/StaffDissX3}
{!jail <player> 160/300} 

If my monologue impedes the outcome of this application please inform me.
I would also like to inform all that read this application to give me any questions and feedback, I will gladly respond.
(Only to Questions & Feedback)

image.thumb.png.fc673dc796d3cbc8f49bf22b22f15edd.png

Edited by Yamato
Proper proof of warns

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

Denied

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided not to accept you for staff. This can be because of your application, experience, behavior, feedback, or other unstated reasons. You may re-apply in 1 month.

• Angry 1

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT