Saerum's Ban Appeal- Denied

[Hotwyer]Drake_The_Dragon

Steam Name: Saerum

Ingame Name: Saerum

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:33041268

Ban Length: 1 Week

Admin that Banned you: [Staff] Console banned $STEAM_0:1:33041268 for 1 week (Homophobia). -- In other words, I've no idea.

Reason for Ban: "Homophobia"

Dispute: First of all, there was 0 "Sit" there was 0 Warnings, No talking to's NOTHING. I was flat out Shadow-banned. Second thing -- I'm not homophobic simply for the fact that I'm literally gay. I said the word "Faggot" A Few times, but if you look at the definition of a "Faggot" it means "Bundle of Sticks" With an alterior "SLANG" Meaning of "Gay Man". As a matter of fact, Folks in the United kingdom call Cigarettes "Fags" on a neigh daily basis if I recall. I could be wrong, though. However, even if someone *WAS* Offended, not a single person, staff member, or anything of the likes took me aside and told me they do not like it. If I was *ASKED* To stop by staff? Yeah, It would of halted right then and there. I have a history of "Disrespect" because I call out bogus when I see it. And my last warn was *LAST FEBUARY*. Showing my "Behavior" has improved over time. I feel that this "Shadow Ban" Is unjust due to a single word with multiple meanings, without being spoken to about it once and just out-right banned. If I was prop-spamming, minging, or mass RDMING, I'd take the hit on the cheek, But all I said was "Faggot" And I didn't even put it in OOC or anything like that, I simply said it between me and some other guys. Not in public, going around mic-spamming it or anything of the likes. Please take this into consideration when looking at the Appeal. I don't understand why people get so offended by simple words when they're not even around to hear them. It was by no means "Homophobic", it was by no means intended to offend. It was simply me venting my frustrations for being randomly arrested THREE TIMES And Admins not taking my sits when I put them up. 

Definition of "Faggot" - A faggot, in the meaning of "bundle", is an archaic English unit applied to bundles of certain items. Alternate spellings in Early Modern English include fagate, faget, fagett, faggott, fagot, fagatt, fagott, ffagott, and faggat. A similar term is found in other languages.

fag·got

/ˈfaɡət/

noun

OFFENSIVE•NORTH AMERICAN

a gay man.

a bundle of sticks or twigs bound together as fuel.

See definitions in:

INFORMAL•BRITISH

a cigarette.

"she's got a fag in her mouth, and she's squinting her eyes against the smoke"

So, In the long-term, Words are only offensive if you make them offensive.

Edited by [Hotwyer]Drake_The_Dragon
Fixing grammar and definitions

6 minutes ago, Masterson said:

Just to clear things up for you; You were banned by the automated system that bans for any slurs or racist remarks. That is why you weren't put in a sit, warned, or talked too.

I don't even recall saying it in chat. I was simply venting my frustrations because I was tired of being RDA'd and RDM'd right out of Spawn. And regardless of the sits I put up, they were never taken. So, yes, I'm going to vent. I would strongly appreciate the shadowban being removed/reduced so I can continue playing with my friends. I wont deny that I can be hot-headed and rather vulgar. Though, Only when something is unfair. As I said, it was by no means intended to be Homophobic or Offensive, Simply a term of frustration. As for why there aren't *Several Sits* for the RDM outside of spawn, was because I had to wait for my previous ticket to expire -- which it didn't until after I was shadow banned. I'd be happy to talk it out in the TS3 if needed. 

Edited by [Hotwyer]Drake_The_Dragon
  • Like 1