Warning Appeal - Khan

Donny Core

• Head Admin

Your In-game Name: Khan

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:78643653

The admin's name in-game: Lovelock

What warning did you receive: RDM

When did you receive this warning: 2/13/23

Please give a description of the situation that led to the warning: I spawned in as a d-class, and as I spawned in, as what happens all the time once the server resets at 5 AM, everybody comes in the server all clumped together, and I spawned in a table under another person, so my solution was to kill the d-class and escape, which worked. I get off job once i'm killed by MTF at the EZ, and am on my MMF job when I get called into a sit for the RDM. 

Why do you think this warn was false: I believe that this was false because I had a reason, and that was that I was stuck inside of him/ him blocking my movement, and that there is NOTHING saying I cannot kill a d-block personnel for blocking an exit. And the idea of having to swap jobs is insane, because the amount of 1 use weapons on the server are most of them, so if I used one, got stuck in spawn, and killed someone blocking my way out, it would ruin anyone's record with RDM. I did not do this maliciously, I have never had a real warn against me, and if they don't want this to happen, they should not allow people to spawn on each other in D-Block bunks. The accuser was very cut and dry, and seemed mad at me for some reason, and just wanted to take it out on me. I was spawned behind a 2nd person near the back towards the bed. I have never commited anything like this before, and I believe this shouldn't affect my record at this point. I also believe if we want to get super technical, a d-class blocking the door, even afk, is bodyblocking.

Evidence the warning is false: Here are just a few of the pictures I took afterwards, as the sit was so long after the situation, that my medal couldn't record it when it happened. You can see in the 3rd picture, about where I would've been sitting in the back. 

Screenshot (346).png

Screenshot (347).png

Screenshot (348).png

Screenshot (349).png

Edited by Donny Core

Current: I High General Core I I IC R COL 3877 Core I I Head Admin I I Senior Gamemaster I I Senior Forum Diplomat I
Previous: I Senior Commander Core I I IC Commander Boss I I IC ES01 CPT 3877 Core I I Delta 62 VCMDR Scorch I I K2S4 SK387 I I Shock CSM SK387 Khan I

spacer.png

+support

he was just getting unstuck!

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

So I will say that with him saying he was stuck he could have called a staff member to unstick him as there are members of staff on during off hours who are there to help and killing someone because you are stuck on them is not ok whether it is off/peak hours therefore I felt the RDM warn was valid

- Support 

- Pictures show different cells.

- If your stuck use /report or F11.

- If you don't receive a response on a sit at ALL then I would agree with this. No where do I see you attempted to make a sit.

MTF Delta-5 Low Command | MTF G9 Azmaveth GW3 | SRO | SVFTO D-5 | Former Nu-7 JFE CPL | Former RRH Guardian Tango 11

Edited by ERWIN_TITAN

image.png.e1876252b92779926ef4ddb97297fcb2.png

• Head Admin

I showed different cells as an example. Had the reportee reported the incident when it happend, and not WAY later, I would've had a clip of it. Why would a sit have to happen when a d-class is blocking doors. This only seems to be an issue on some people and not others. I did what I felt was correct at the time and according to MOTD, there is nothing against it, as there was a RP reason to kill him. AFK or not. I just don't want a warn on my record when I did something with no malicious intent, and that there is no rule against what I did. I've been in the imperial and scp community for a while now with no problems, as I hold myself to a higher standard. I don't want a warn forever on my record because of the way d-block is set up.

Edited by Donny Core

Current: I High General Core I I IC R COL 3877 Core I I Head Admin I I Senior Gamemaster I I Senior Forum Diplomat I
Previous: I Senior Commander Core I I IC Commander Boss I I IC ES01 CPT 3877 Core I I Delta 62 VCMDR Scorch I I K2S4 SK387 I I Shock CSM SK387 Khan I

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Donny Core said:

I showed different cells as an example. Had the reportee reported the incident when it happend, and not WAY later, I would've had a clip of it. Why would a sit have to happen when a d-class is blocking doors. This only seems to be an issue on some people and not others. I did what I felt was correct at the time and according to MOTD, there is nothing against it, as there was a RP reason to kill him. AFK or not. I just don't want a warn on my record when I did something with no malicious intent, and that there is no rule against what I did. I've been in the imperial and scp community for a while now with no problems, as I hold myself to a higher standard. I don't want a warn forever on my record because of the way d-block is set up.

My decision stands due to it not being an RP situation as it is an OOC area and for two RDM is mentioned in the MOTD, RDM = Do not kill without an RP reason, this is considered a random deathmatch.

From what I see in logs its not the first time as you said.

Capture.thumb.PNG.078531d3c5d609f6582fec7f6b4d24f3.PNG

Apologies for the bad frames, couldn't screenshot had to clip it.

image.png.e1876252b92779926ef4ddb97297fcb2.png

• Head Admin

Those other kills were on a d-class who had hit me, so I defended myself. Rustbox was going around hitting people, me in particular. Has nothing to do with that situation. Secutiry was there too. You will see where Rust hit me before I EVER killed him. So check the damage logs.

Edited by Donny Core

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Donny Core said:

that there is NOTHING saying I cannot kill a d-block personnel for blocking an exit.

Yeah it's called the no RDM rule. There is NOTHING stating you can do that. As a moderator for one of our servers I'd assume that you would read the MOTD and come to the same conclusion. I'd also assume that you wouldn't argue on a report.

• Laughing 1

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT