Solid's OS App

Solid Steps

1. What’s your In-Game Name? Solid

2. What’s your SteamID (e.g. STEAM_0:1:55975235)? STEAM_0:1:42560072

3. What is your Rank? Maintenance Professional

4. Total strikes you’ve ever received? 0

5. How many warnings do you have on GL? 0

6. On a scale of 1-10, how active are you? 7-8 I'd say, I'm not sure what a 10 is though.

7. Why do you believe you should become a Maintenance Command member (100+ words)?

I'm quite the active person I'd say, and I'm quite the creative person when it comes to maintenance. A lot of people don't realize that maintenance isn't simply Foundation upkeep, a lot of maintenance personnel are some of the top minds in engineering across the world. I want to help change perception of maintenance from Janitor to elite engineers. I believe that through advanced trainings in engineering, hazard disposals, and SCP Containment repairs, I can assist this. Additionally, I'm just pretty friendly. I try to show a positive face towards the world. I hope it can help the branch be seen as good as possible.

[The following questions are intended to test your response and ability as command. You must answer 2 (two) of the questions, though you may answer all 3 if you wish.]

8-1. A Utility Trainee has escaped the training room and is refusing to return, how would you handle this?

I'd go after said trainee and advise them that not returning to the training room will lead them to a removal from the job and a DNT, which means they cannot be trained for a set amount of days. If they continue not to comply with this, I'd take proof, demote the trainee, and input a DNT depending on FTO guidelines, but probably a single day. 

8-2. Some enlisted members have begun RDMing each other in bunks as a way to pass time, what would you do in this situation?

Overall, fucking around in bunks isn't the biggest problem. As long as the door is closed, it's all in good fun, and it's contained, it's not something that should be stopped unless it gets out of hand. If they begin ignoring duties, I'd get their attention and direct them to a situation to handle, or potentially create a situation for them to handle. Otherwise, I'd probably use them to test out training ideas to both occupy them and perfect my training methods.

8-3. A Junior Maintenance is breaking multiple SOP rules such as improperly using tools and disregarding DEFCON rules, what are your next steps?

Pull him aside and give him a very, very stern warning. It's important to realize that sometimes people misunderstand, they get ahead of themselves, have bad training, etc. It isn't their fault immediately until they make it clear it is. This warning would essentially be that he is committing said infractions, and that if I catch him doing it again it will end in a strike, which is an immediate removal for all JM. I'd ask if he'd like to look over the SOP again or has any questions. If he continues after this, I'd apply said strike and remove him from the branch.

5 hours ago, Elevate said:

Accepted!

oh oopsies totally forgot to do that
also @Gigacan you archive all the stuff in the utility section pls ong fr :sus:

MAINTENANCE!!!! I LOVE MAINTENANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

image.png.1a58e8b93a831a69a9602377711b6321.png