General Suggestion - Remove the ability to pick up items you are restricted from buying - Denied

kari

What are you suggesting? - Remove the ability for players to pick up 

How would this change better the server? - There are likely more cases where people simply pick up items they shouldn't have access to by switching jobs. In these cases, this would no longer be possible and is a very, very easy thing to add.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - I do not think so.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - The larger half of the server that do not drop an item and pick it up for use later.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - None.

Explanation on why I say easy to implement:

This post assumes that the shop system GL uses has a very easy-to-access API for the weapons that are in the shop and an easy-to-access API for the weapons a team and/or category should not have access to. In the event of a player using a dropped item, these APIs would then be used to check if said item is not available to them, thus not allowing them to swap jobs and use an item they don't have access to. This would nearly entirely fix the issue in this report. While this is a niche issue, it is, in my opinion, easy enough to add that it should be considered. 

Edited by kari

• kari changed the title to General Suggestion - Remove the ability to pick up items you are restricted from buying

-Support

You literally cannot use quartermaster without being able to pick up weapons. However, I do think we should ban people from dropping guns on any job with /drop. (Only weapons that can be dropped are the ones that Nu-7 QM, D-Class Supplier, or D-Class Smuggler can sell). So weapons that cannot be obtained through the armory to be acquired on other jobs. 

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

2 hours ago, Pills said:

-Support

You literally cannot use quartermaster without being able to pick up weapons. However, I do think we should ban people from dropping guns on any job with /drop. (Only weapons that can be dropped are the ones that Nu-7 QM, D-Class Supplier, or D-Class Smuggler can sell). So weapons that cannot be obtained through the armory to be acquired on other jobs. 

I never said to deny the ability to pick up weapons. I said to deny the ability to pick up weapons you CANNOT buy (not every weapon you can't buy in shop, but weapons you do not have access to on your job)

9 hours ago, Rex Velvet said:

Is this because of Sam dropping a medkit on his CC then picking it up on another class that cant purchase one? Why do you guys care so much? -support because the work isnt worth the little affect it would have.

The work is literally like 5 lines. This would completely prevent picking up medkits on classes you shouldn't, among other weapons.

9 minutes ago, kari said:

I never said to deny the ability to pick up weapons. I said to deny the ability to pick up weapons you CANNOT buy (not every weapon you can't buy in shop, but weapons you do not have access to on your job)

The work is literally like 5 lines. This would completely prevent picking up medkits on classes you shouldn't, among other weapons.

Please regard rule 14 of the forums!

Edited by Rex Velvet
  • Skull 2

• 2 weeks later...