Gary's Gamemaster Application

Gary Maxed

Gary's Gamemaster Application  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is Gary Worthy of Gamemaster role?

• Absolutely!
    • Yes
    • Possibly
    • Never!

In-game name: Junior Operator Gary

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:83667901

Current RP rank on StarWarsRP: 2LT/Moderator

Have you been banned on any GL server before?: No

Have you received any warnings (please give reasons if applicable)?: No

How much time do you have on the server?: Over 116hrs

How well do you know the LORE? Explain: Quite well I like to think.

In my personal understanding, Star Wars lore is a vast and intricate universe that encompasses a wide range of characters, locations, and events. The Imperial Security Bureau, or ISB, is just one small piece of the puzzle. They were tasked with maintaining the loyalty of Imperial officers and hunting down internal threats, but there's so much more to explore in the Star Wars universe.

One of the most iconic figures in Star Wars is Darth Vader. He was once a Jedi Knight named Anakin Skywalker, but he fell to the dark side of the Force and became a Sith Lord. He was a powerful warrior and responsible for the deaths of many Jedi and other enemies of the Empire. However, his story is also one of tragedy as he struggled with the guilt of his past and ultimately redeemed himself by sacrificing his own life to save his son, Luke Skywalker.

Another example is the Lothal rebels, a group of insurgents who fought against the Empire's rule on their home planet. They were hunted down by the ISB, led by Agent Kallus, a skilled interrogator and ruthless enforcer of Imperial authority. The Lothal rebels ultimately met their defeat but their leader Ezra Bridger played a crucial role in bringing down Agent Kallus.

These are just a few examples that showcase the rich and complex lore of the Star Wars universe. From the political intrigue of the Imperial government to the personal struggles of individual characters, there is always something new to discover in the Star Wars lore.

Why do you WANT to become a Gamemaster?: I'd like to bring more lore focused and driven event series to the server. Focusing on more important storylines pertaining to the time period and regiments we have. I'd like to give reasoning, and common grounds for all the events I'd do. I wanna work more with the Event team and also meet more people throughout the server.

Why should you be trusted to be a Game Master?:

As someone who has been actively engaged in the community for a well established period now, I believe that I have established a positive presence on the server. My experience and tenure have afforded me the opportunity to gain the trust of my fellow players, and as a moderator, I have been entrusted with a wide variety of responsibilities. Furthermore, my recent promotion to officer rank further attests to the trust and confidence that my peers have placed in me.

In my role as a moderator, I have not only proven my ability to effectively enforce the rules and regulations of the server, but I have also demonstrated my capacity for diplomacy and conflict resolution. My ability to maintain a level head and approach situations with impartiality and rationality has been crucial in maintaining a harmonious community. Furthermore, my knowledge of the game's mechanics and mechanics of the server have allowed me to effectively troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.

As an officer, my responsibilities have expanded to include the supervision and mentoring of junior moderators. My experience has allowed me to provide guidance and support to my team, ensuring that they are able to effectively carry out their duties. My leadership skills have also been demonstrated through my ability to coordinate and plan events, which have been well received by the community.

In summary, I believe that my experience, tenure, and track record as a moderator, coupled with my recent promotion to officer rank, demonstrate that I am a trustworthy and capable candidate for additional responsibilities. I am confident in my ability to effectively carry out the duties and responsibilities that come with such a role.

Are you familiar/experiences with ULX?: Yes very much so, considering I am a Moderator I must be, but to add on I have hosted events on many other servers and also owned a couple servers, so I am experienced with all the commands necessary to carry out my responsibilities.

Are you experienced with being a Game Master and how they function?: Yes, see my previous answer to be sufficiently understood.

Give a brief example of an on-ship event, as well as an example of an off-ship event: 

- An on-ship event: An insurgent has given away our coordinates to a rebel fleet that has now intercepted us in battle. The fleet breaks through the ISD's shields and attempts to storm the ISD. Having troopers battle thoroughly and defensively against the onboarding party, and have a reasonable guide of how these troops should behave, etc for the event purposes. Could have characters attempt to invade with the onboarding party, and to keep it on-ship eventually lose. The character might be captured and further the rp by having the ISB or an interrogating branch focus in on them to attempt to learn intel from the rebel force. 

- An off-ship event: Higher-ups on the ISD inform the troops of an insurgent who leaked information to the rebels, but was now handled with an information was taken from him. The ISD will be raiding the planet this insurgent gave up. The ISD hyperspaces to the rebel planet taking on battle with the rebel fleet first. Once defeated the ISD invades the planet with a understanding of what is to come. Once on the ground their met with heavy resistance from the Rebel forces. If the rebels are taken care of the Imperial troops move forward and attempt to locate the enemy who the insurgent has been working with. Once found, they could be captured/or killed by the Imperial Forces. Depending on what happens the event moves forward in two different ways. (Idea can be expanded upon)

Do you know how to give a weapon/SWEP to yourself/someone? (Give an example): Yes, !giveweapon ^ weapon_physgun

Do you know how to model yourself/someone? (Give an example): Yes, !setmodel @ blah/blah.mdl

Have you read the Gamemaster Guidelines?: Yes

Edited by Gary Maxed
Bolded the Questions

- Gary Maxed -

- Current ImperialRP: ISB Junior Operative & Moderator -

"You can't handle the truth!"

• Theta locked this topic