SCP 999 and SCP 280 Cross test

Connor64

You are accessing a level 2 document that consists of the cross-test between SCP 999 And SCP 280. Should you have this file in your hand, report it to security ASAP.

Lore Rank/Name: EXPR Connor

SCP #: SCP 999 AND SCP 280

Test Idea: The test idea is to see what would happen if SCP 999 Interacts with SCP 280? every researcher knows that 280 is a entity that lurks in the shadows but what if 999 interacts with the shadow scp. this would be a suprising test after all

Background Research: SCP-999 appears to be a large, amorphous, gelatinous mass of translucent orange slime, weighing about 54 kg (120 lbs) with a consistency similar to that of peanut butter. Subject’s size and shape is easily malleable and can change shape at will, though when at rest, SCP-999 becomes a rounded, oblate dome roughly 2 meters wide and 1 meter in height. The surface of SCP-999 consists of a thin, transparent membrane similar to that of an animal cell roughly .5 cm thick, and is highly elastic, allowing SCP-999 to flatten portions of its body up to 2 cm thin. This surface is also hydrophobic, although SCP-999 can willfully absorb liquids (see Addendum SCP-999-A). The rest of SCP-999's body is filled with a viscous orange substance of unknown chemical makeup, though it is capable of digesting organic materials with ease.

Subject’s temperament is best described as playful and dog-like: when approached, SCP-999 will often react with overwhelming elation, slithering over to the nearest person and leaping upon them, “hugging” them with a pair of pseudopods while nuzzling the person’s face with a third pseudopod, all the while emitting high-pitched gurgling and cooing noises. The surface of SCP-999 emits a pleasing odor that differs with whomever it is interacting with. Recorded scents include chocolate, fresh laundry, bacon, roses, and Play-Doh

While: SCP-280 is a black human-shaped mass with two large white eyes on the head and two hands with very long and thin fingers. No feet or legs are visible, as the lower portion of the body appears to fade away several centimeters from the ground. SCP-280 appears to be wholly composed of matter that can gain or lose corporeal form. This matter is very black, with only the eyes showing any other color, and when changing to a non-corporeal form, looks much like smoke.

The eyes are non-functioning, and appear only when SCP-280 is retreating, appearing to be used like eyespots on some insects. SCP-280 is very strong, and has been observed pulling apart steel with its hands, showing no sign of stress. SCP-280 moves with a gliding motion, with its hands extended, described as a “sleepwalker pose” by observers.

Hypothesis: Every researcher that has been here for a while knows that SCP 280 is a entity that resides in the black shadows with of matter that can gain or lose corporeal form. looking much like smoke. So what will happen if SCP 999 interacts with 280. of course you may think that 999 cant interact with a shadow like entity but i have high hopes he could.

Observations (what happened?): SCP 999 and EXPR Connor walked into 280 with an D4 member soon as they waited for 280 to appear in its cell, Connor looked towards to SCP 999 and said this:

"Its you're final day with me, of course that wont matter. but ill explain what to do with this scp. are you ready my slime friend?"

SCP 999 nods as he showed happiness as he was bouncing up and down, soon calming down as 280 appears in his cell as 999 excitement grew when he saw a glimpse of the shadow person.

"Perfect. Now here are 2 things that i want to try and we will be done, 1. I want you to try and touch the shadow person, to see if you can suppose feel him. I will explain the 2nd part after 1 minute. Now come on its time" As they walked towards the door, the d4 opened the cell door before 999 went into the cell. As the d4 closed it, Connor turned on the night vision cameras to see what would happen. After 30 seconds SCP 999 Touched 280. Connor was suprised and shocked quickly noting this down before instructing 999 to make 280 happy; sadly, 280 was not happy and the test was concluded. As the D4 opened the doors, 999 went out with Connor before moving back to lcz.

Evidence/Visual Stimuli (Images): Once Again, none.

Analysis/Conclusion (was your hypothesis correct, why or why not, how can this discovery benefit the foundation?): Yes my hypothesis was correct because it turns out that 999 can interact with entitys/shadows including SCP 280. However the affects for SCP 999 by making SCP 280 Happy is denied due to having it not affective on SCP 280. This can benefit the foundation by knowing that any future SCPs that are shadows, SCP 999 can interact with them.

• Like 1

Current: Medical Command (Surgeon)

Lore - 15/15

No origin but you got everything you need on it so good.

Length - 15/20

Good length but no photos.

Creativity - 15/15

I mean there are no tests like this any time recently so good.

Grammar - 28/30

A lot of minor grammar issues but not too bad

Format - 19.5/20

Not bad better on google docs but you don't like google docs so still really good

FINAL SCORE

Current: Deputy Head of Research! 

IM BACK!