Parkland27 Junior Command Application

Old parkland

Name: Parkland27
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:7956025
Current Rank: LR

Time in Research (Estimate): 1/27/2021, 193 days, 6 months and 12 days

Why do you believe you should be in Research Command?(100 word requirement): From my experience being here I've seen a lot, and done a lot. I believe i have what it takes, Like i said before, I'm hard working, not easily stressed out, and when i see a researcher in pickle, i dont mind helping them. I can easily handle situations that is very heated, and i can handle situations that people dont like to handle. I have little brothers and i can easily deal with a younger audience, and i can show compassion for them since it is a bit harder to learn for the younger. I dont really mind people talking unless they cant talk for a time being, and well, i dont get annoyed. and if your still asking 'well why should you be in command than?' I can deal with a lot of situations, whether that be arguments, or personal issues. i can work hands on with people to resolve issues and make sure people like Jrs+ keep having fun, because in general that's what its all about. I've also hosted a few mass tests, not a lot due to people not showing up. and i like to see growth. 

What can you bring to the table that others can't? (100 word requirement): Just like i was explaining before. I can handle situations that most people will get annoyed or angry. I have experiences with dealing with younger people. and with skills like that, that easily brings the fact that i dont mind monitoring people and watching what they do, to me, a 3 hour test is just as fun as teaching someone what they can do better next time. and with that, i dont mind supervising people as well, that sounds like fun to me! also grading test logs? i dont mind reading as i do read manga's and captions when i watch shows, i really dont know why I read the captions. I dont mind leading lower ranking and assisting them since i dont mind helping people. and i dont mind hosting mass test at all, i mean I've done at least 3, and i like to make sure people have fun during that.

What would you do to better Research and increase activity? (100 word requirement): Well i can do plenty of things, and i think promotions, training, promoting research in the discord via announcements, preforming mass tests. Promotions can help with activity to better themselves, since they receive that promotion for hard work and gratitude, and they wouldn't be there it they didn't get promoted in the first place. well announcements really does get the word around, 'hey flag on, we're looking for good researcher and good test logs' stuff like that, that can help to get their attention and maybe a promotion. and mass test, doing the fun stuff seems to make me happy, so i think it'll make others happy. and another thing I have personally done, and helped people with, is making sure they get information out to those who need it the most, not to help them, but to actual learn how to act with others, its a learning process, and without mistakes, than, what will that do for activity in the long run?

Extra note for how I've been looking out for other: Recently I've noticed this both in security and research, as a MSGT in security, and i know how you might be saying that this is irrelevant, but you'll understand it more when i talk about this. and since I'm also a LR in research as well, I've been here for half a year already, and understood several things. this is also coming from personal experience. I have little brothers, and since i started hanging out with them and teaching them how to do stuff, play games, how to turn off stuff on roblox, and what settings to fix sometime, i actually took a good look at research + Security. and I may be the only one that has noticed this in awhile, but i realized, that when you dont fix a solution, it gets worse. Training trainees is just like a first impression for a job, you fuck up, you ain't getting another chance. and well i noticed something in a Jr awhile back when he wasnt trained properly. and well to say the very least, he got put on a DNT. when i retrained this trainee, even before i trained this trainee, and afterwards as well, a lot of things are improper. For example today, there was a researcher, and there was a Jr researcher, the issue was, the Jr wanted to test on a keter, the researcher said something about no testing on any keters what so ever, i let this researcher know that 'you cant just say, no testing on keters, figure out which scps, present the clearance sheet, and let him know right and wrong, not "cant test on any keters" now i want you to think about this for a bit, if i hadn't said this to the guy telling the junior to not test on any keters, I and the researcher, wouldn't have known he was actually talking about SCP-1025, which is actually a safe scp, which in return if I hadn't told the researcher to go the extra mile, that Jr wouldn't know that he was actually talking about a safe SCP instead of a Keter. now to summarize you just read, going the extra mile for someone in need, can help out a lot, this has happen many times, and a lot of the times someone doesn't go that extra mile to help someone, those people have to face the consequences for something they didn't know, and a lot can be prevented. in all, i shouldn't have to say this in the first place, but please do the right thing. 

Edited by Parkland27
  • Like 1

• Old parkland changed the title to Parkland27 Junior Command Application
  • Chief_ locked this topic