SCP-049 Hazardous Material(s) Targeted Test Report

AR James Grant

Lore Name: James Grant

SCP: 049

Question / Idea: How does SCP-049 instantaneously force organ failure on all living beings it comes in contact with & how does SCP-049 proceed to reanimate them? What secret lies up his sleeve?

Background Research: SCP-049 resembles a medieval plague doctor and is known to be quite the 50/50 case. SCP-049 is able to, on contact with any living organisms' epidermis, ensue complete and total organ failure on said organism. SCP-049 not only can instantly terminate the organism, it then proceeds to feel remorse and quotes statements such as that he had no cured "the pestilence" at all. Upon feeling remorse he tends to draw his holster-bag filled with tools and performs surgery on the organism and successfully reanimates roughly half of his "patients". The organisms he eviscerated and resurrected are then labelled in his eyes as "cured".

Hypothesis: SCP-049 has some sort of zombie drug that he is administering to his "patients" in order to reanimate them. The contents of this agent are hopefully to be discovered upon executing the test.

Observations (What Happened During Test): Upon entering the test area I approached the glass that separated me from SCP-049. I began a conversation ordinarily with a common hello followed by a how are you today. After conversing with 049 for roughly half an hour I had learned that 049 in-fact is not in control of the compound/powers he uses to reanimate corpses with. 049 went on to detail that he performs surgery as if it were a typical surgery in a hospital, he disclaimed that after he is done performing surgery an unknown power helps restore the corpse back to life. I proceeded to ask him where he got his powers from and/or where do the powers originate from, he had a plethora of information to follow that question; He detailed that he gained his powers from a creature that is believed to be the spawn of SCP-610. This creatures is believed to be of 610's bloodline because upon being cut, the creature bleeds the same material that 610 produces. SCP-049 told me that he had seen the creature entombed in its own containment cell after trying to escape and after attempting to remove the rubble he promptly went unconscious and woke up as SCP-049s entirety. 049 and a few 049-2's proceeded to attempt to go back to the containment cell, which is rumored to be in Site-A, to try and find the creature. Upon returning to the facility and chamber accordingly, they found only a severed hand of the creature lying where the creature had once lain. 049 Spoke of a "church" that he recalls hearing from the creature as it was entombed in the rubble. The creature also spoke of a so-called "Emperor".

Evidence/Visual Stimuli:  1 Researcher (James Grant) , 1 SCP-049. No entrance into the chamber and no exfil/breach from inside.

Analysis / Conclusion (What Could Of Caused The Results): Hearing the name the "Emperor" leads me to believe there is much more at hand here than just SCP-049. The ladder climbs much. much higher. I have concluded that SCP-049 is unaware of the composition of the powers he possesses and was merely gifted them from another entity whos origin, location, and being is unknown at this point in time of conducting the test.

Was Your Hypothesis Correct?: N/A

70/100

Minimal Typos

The lore's a bit out there but it's not the most important

The hypothesis should have been "No, SCP-049 only gets his reanimation powers from anomalous sources"

Everything else is good.

Research Administrator | R.A.U. Commissioner | External Agent 3 "Oyasumi"

image.png.ef2fbf407892c884509d5e5c10e6fc2c.png