[SCP-066] ~ Trigger Tests (3/10/19)

Phillers

Clearance Level: 2

List of Personnel involved in testing: Security LCPL Lee

Level D personnel involved: 1

SCP: 066

Errors and/or safety hazards: Any test with 066 is technicaly a hearing hazard, so earmuffs were used to limit damage to ears of research/security staff.

Question: What exactly triggers a response from 066? We know that it will attack anyone who says "Eric" , however to what extent does this go?

Background Research: SCP-066 will respond to anyone saying  the name "Eric" by attacking said person with very loud music, often causing both temporary and permanent hearing damage.

Hypothesis: It will just respond to any way of its name being said, regardless of how its done.

Observation/Visual Stimuli(Photos/videos): N/A

Analysis and Conclusion: Multiple ways of "Saying" Eric were used, they will be listed here. 

Test#1 | ASL (American Sign Language)

D-Class was instructed on how to properly sign "Eric" by a member of research staff, and was instructed to do so once Research staff had vacated the testing chamber.
Once Research staff had vacated, D-Class followed orders and signed the name, prompting a quick response from SCP-066. After sounds had stopped D-Class was taken out of the testing chamber by security staff for further instructions

Test#2 | Morse (Vocal)

D-Class was instructed on how to spell "Eric" in  morse, and was instructed to perform the morse trough vocal "Beeps" made by  the D-Class,  D-Class was instructed to perform this after Research Staff had vacated the testing chamber. Once research staff had left the chamber, D-Class did as instructed, and made the "Beeps", this prompted a quick response from  SCP-066.

Test#3 | Morse (Visual) 

Same principle as last test, however, this time performed with the aid of a high powered flashlight, while the testing chamber lighting was dimmed. This test however, did not prompt a response from 066.

Test#4 | Spelled.

D-Class was instructed to say each letter one at a time, with a 10 second intervall, this did not prompt a response from 066.

Test#5 | Spelled.

D-Class was instructed to say each letter one at a time, with a 5 second intervall, this did not prompt a response from 066.

Test#6 | Spelled 
D-Class was instructed to say each letter one at a time, with a 1 second intervall, this prompted  a quick response from 066.

Conclusion : SCP-066 will respond to audible saying of "Eric" aslong as the letters are said within 2 secon intervalls. SCP-066 will however also respond to the usage of morse code and  ASL, i have 2 theories for the 2 ways as to why that is.

For Morse it is most likely because it is still audible speech, just vocalised in a different way. I believe that SCP-066 sees this the same as if "Eric" would be said in a different language, as technicaly, thats all it is.

For ASL i believe it to be because it is a direct replacement for audible speech, however this leaves yet another question unawnsered : Why did SCP-066 not respond to the visual methods used? It did not respond to the visual morse, and if the theory i came up with was correct, it should have. Another option however would be that SCP-066 has difficulty in seeing the difference's in light, which would be possible as its eyes have never been properly examined. However, this seems a bit too far fetched to me, but, i will most likely do a followup test to see if this is indeed the case.

Do your results align with your hypothesis?: No.

Approved by the Director of Research and Security and the Head of Research. For use in Site-05.

Secure,

Contain,

And Protect.

Edited by Falxen

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

In the future, please give the full names of the personnel attending your test. I understand that the in-game version of 066 is very different, but I’d still appreciate some creative writing in the background research section. Try to intermingle the two versions of 066 into a new, creative concept! I like your test idea, and I’m impressed by the amount of effort you put into recording the details. Your conclusions falls short, as you make the claim that 066 only responds to audible stimuli, when in fact 066 had responded to ASL in the first test. Try not to let details like that slip! Still, very good early test- Especially for one that focuses on in-game aspects of 066 rather than role play.

Current: Goofball

Former: RnD Delta Command, Foundation Doctor, RFA Agent, RRH Analyst

@Schölinger, i performed some tweeks to it, would you say it is better as it is now?

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector