Kidnap & Mug Rule Change/Addition - Denied

High Fi2

What you want to see? - An addition or edit to the current "comms smashed" while in a vehicle meta on the server

Why should we add it? - Its insanely unrealistic and completely unavoidable

What are the advantages of having this? - More RP and thought into actually kidnapping/mugging someone

Who is it mainly for? - Crim & Gov

Hey all

I'll make this short as I truthfully don't know where the community stands on this but here are my opinions.

Comms smashing via advert while the defender is in a vehicle is dumb. There i said it.

Let me preface this by saying i'm well aware the server is aimed at a semi-serious approach to RP.

But i cant see in any scenario where your in your vehicle, and within a second a criminal manages to equip a weapon, and smash your comms. In most cases without even saying a word. It makes alot more sense semi-serious wise for it to happen outside of your vehicle, But while inside is darkRP level stuff.

Thats all, Thanks.

-Support
I don't see any good reason for this. If someone comes up to you IRL and points a gun at you and says "Give me your money" then 9 times out of 10 no cop would press a panic button as it can be seen IRL and they would just get shot.
Better thing I could see would be panic buttons aren't allowed while being mugged if you want realism.

AbqKCT0.jpg.d7d71d84ec722605acc3598d54f6b987.jpg

Posted (edited)

I doubt any of us have ever been in a situation where a panic button would have been used. 

So i'm saying this completely out of speculation. 

But i'd like to think under the circumstances it would be very easy to slyly hit your panic button while reaching/reacting to the offenders demands. 

Panic buttons on police officers are fairly inconspicuous and doing things such as reaching to open your car door (to comply) or reaching over for your wallet (to comply) would be very easy covers to hit the button.

Anything to not be potentially kidnapped would be better than just steering clear of failsafe for your life.

Edited by High Fi2

Posted (edited)

- support

I dont see the need and point of this, its been like this all the time I've played Police RP, why now this needs be changed? Regardless if your in your vehicle and a criminal outside vehicle pulls gun on you and adverts to you "kidnap smashes comms & takes panic button" then says in voice chat "gtfo the vehicle dont do anything stupid" you are gonna listen to them and comply with it to value your life, for the kidnapping or if its a mugging etc. Hence why you have then been stripped of comms and your panic (if kidnapped/being mugged) & (that's if they remember to do that mentioned in the advert in chat) and ofc comply with them. If you dont comply that's up to the criminal to do whatever with you weather to simply shoot and kill you or make a ingame report for FailRP/FearRP of not doing as your told if you've been kidnapped from inside a vehicle/being mugged when they adverted it in chat to you as well as telling you to get out the vehicle with a gun pointed at you. Its pure simple of it all.

Edited by Ecott

DF Commander | CERT CO Commander | Gaming Light Legend Mr Top Donator

• 2 weeks later...

-Support Reasons Stated Above 👆

Current: EMS PM | USMS AGT | SL | PD MSGT | SRT PVT

Call Signs: EMS PM7 | USMS 1F55 | PD 1A47 | SRT 1S54

• Manager

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗