501st Phase Zero Expansion

Monarch

Battalion Name: 501st

Old Job/Class Name: 501st Phase Zero Trooper (T3)

New Job/Class Name: 501st Phase Zero Trooper (T1)

Weapon Kit:

- Current loadout: Radio (dradio), DP 23(rw_sw_dp23), Jet Pack, Imperial Shield (rw_sw_shield_imp), Binoculars(white) (rw_sw_bino_white), Dual Westar 35(rw_sw_dual_westar35), EL-16HFE (rw_sw_el16hfe), Valken 38a (rw_sw_valkenx38a)

- Add: Battalion Activity Logger (activity_logger)

- Remove: Valken 38a (rw_sw_valkenx38a)

Reason for change (do you think that said weapons is suitable for the job and is fair considering current loadouts of other battalions?): Yes because it is the current loadout of the Phase Zero job and is still fine comparing to the other Battalions, it is only losing the Valken as a DMR is not necessary for a T1 job and it doesn’t need to be on the base phase trooper when they have a sniper job

Do you believe these changes are fair to the battalion/job role it is responsible for and will benefit the server, if so, why?: The marksman job is unused and dead replacing it with the normal Phase Zero job and using this Tier 1 spot for a Sub branch that's Active and being used will benefit the Battalion by removing unused parts and replacing them with fresh opportunity to existing members and new ones.

Old Job/Class Name: 501st Marksman (T1)

New Job/Class Name: 501st Phase Zero Executioner (T2)

New Job/Class Model: models/nada/ApatheticDarkTrooper.mdl

Weapon Kit:

- Current loadout: Radio (dradio), TL-40(rw_sw_tl40), DH-17(rw_sw_dh17), IQA-11(rw_sw_iqa11), Binoculars(white) (rw_sw_bino_white), TL-50(rw_sw_tl50), Battalion Activity Logger (activity_logger)

- Add: Dual Westar 35(rw_sw_dual_westar35), EL-16HFE (rw_sw_el16hfe), DLT-19x (rw_sw_dlt19x), Imperial Shield (rw_sw_shield_imp), Jet Pack, Binoculars(dark) (rw_sw_bino_dark)

- Remove: DH-17(rw_swl_dh17), DP-24(rw_sw_dp24), TL-40(rw_sw_tl40),  IQA-11(rw_sw_iqa11), Binoculars(white) (rw_sw_bino_white)

Reason for change (do you think that said weapons is suitable for the job and is fair considering current loadouts of other battalions?):Yes because at current the Marksman sees almost zero usage, and incorporating it as an option for Phase Zero with a revitalized kit would increase the desire for usage among players.

Do you believe these changes are fair to the battalion/job role it is responsible for and will benefit the server, if so, why?: Yes, as these are components of the basic Phase Zero kit along with a sniper better fit with the current balance of snipers available on the server.

Old Job/Class Name: 501st Jump Trooper (T2)

New Job/Class Name: 501st Phase Zero Combustion Trooper (T3)

New Job/Class Model: models/nada/ApatheticDarkTrooper.mdl

Weapon Kit:

- Current loadout: Binoculars(white) (rw_sw_bino_white), Radio (dradio), TL-40(rw_sw_tl40), CR-2(rw_sw_cr2), PLX-1(rw_sw_plx1)

- Add: Battalion Activity Logger (activity_logger), Dual Westar 35(rw_sw_dual_westar35), EL-16HFE (rw_sw_el16hfe), Binoculars(dark) (rw_sw_bino_dark), Imperial Shield (rw_sw_shield_imp)

- Remove: TL-40(rw_sw_tl40), CR-2(rw_sw_cr2), Binoculars(white) (rw_sw_bino_white)

Reason for change (do you think that said weapons is suitable for the job and is fair considering current loadouts of other battalions?): Yes, as these are components of the basic Phase Zero kit and the Jump Trooper kit, and with a revitalized kit available to Phase as a Certification.

Do you believe these changes are fair to the battalion/job role it is responsible for and will benefit the server, if so, why?: These changes standardize the available weapons further allowing for greater skill development, as well they are utilizing gear already available to the battalion and don’t upset the present balance of power.

Edited by Monarch
minor edit to PZ base loadout
  • Like 1

Current 501st Commander Monarch

I'll see you, starside.

- Support 

•Rather than completely replacing everything you should instead work on revitalizing them and reviving them. That’s a commander and command team’s job.

CURRENT: None

Former:
Field Commander

First Ever IQ Branch Senior Commander(in SNRCMDR Program)

First ever No Helmet Second Sister 

- support

i agree with jax and what he said above but here's some other things

(i have read the suggestion)

1. the expansion is way too wide, and would just make the battalion 98% phase zero, 1% arc, and 1% heavy. While I do believe Phase Zero is pretty bland, maybe an addition of one or two jobs would settle for it, however I don't believe removing other jobs would solve much. Below are some extra things on why removing & replacing these jobs would be a bad idea.
  2. The marksman job is meant for those with the rank of initiate or higher can get slightly better weapons without needing to be trained for. Plus, from what I've seen when I was last in 501st, the Phase Zero tryout is a whole extra tryout on top of that, which would most likely drive people away.
  3. If this was the only sub-branch of the 501st, I would see no issue with it. Considering you have, in total, 2 other branches, those being ARC and HVY (last i remembered phz was apart of jt), they should also deserve some expansion as well, so the battalion would be mostly even. Most likely though, a complete overhaul of every single sub branch would be denied

TLDR; I believe leaving the battalion as is, or at least some slight changes to the battalion, would be fine.

Jimmy

Current: IC SGM Reaper

Retired 501st Vice Commander and 501st COL for 10 minutes

former tank trooper enlisted, ic cpl, stepped down 501st hvyal, arcal hammer, snrhvy, dt spc, sf onyx wo, tank shc csm, ic blu

+1 Phase could use something like this tbh

in regards to the -1s making the Tier jobs into phase if anything would make them more used and give phase more variety. currently marksman and JT are effectively unused unless for jokes i already have 11 ARCs that are active at different times and there are plenty of heavies, the others have been pushed for activity but they are seen as either temp jobs for phase or ARC or just not worth joining bc heavy exists

Edited by Kujo

Curreent ARCL COL Fordo

- support

Pretty much agree with Skelel and Jacstur

All I ever hear about Jump trooper and Marksman is about how no one uses them. Yet no one trys to get people to join them though. The way they get talked about it makes them seem worthless to join and use

Edited by bomberboy992
  • Like 1

+1

Expanding the sub branch by adding more specialized options , such as a Sniper or Explosive branch, would significantly enhance the versatility and effectiveness of the unit as a whole