Steeley's Forum Diplomat Application - Accepted

Steeley

In-Game Name: Steeley

Steam Name: [GL] Steeley

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:595961750

What is your staff rank and the server you work in? Moderator - Imperial RP

How long have you been apart of the Gaminglight community? Over 3 years now

How long have you been a staff member on Gaminglight? I have previously been staff, but since I joined most recently it has been 37 days.

How often are you online on the forums? Every day of the week, Pretty much all day.

Why do you believe you're qualified to serve as a Forum Diplomat? I believe one of the things that qualifies me is how unbiased I am. Since returning to GL, I know barely anyone on a personal level, this can help with me staying unbiased as I will have no personal reasons to be bias towards someone. I am also extremely active on forums, replying to any applications or topics I feel I can give my opinion on. I also have a good understanding of what is and isn't acceptable to be posting on the forums.

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, please describe a situation that required you to make a difficult decision? I would consider  myself to have very good judgement when it comes to what is unacceptable and is acceptable. I feel especially when it comes to people being "rude" or "disrespectful" as I feel I can determine exactly when someone is being out of order. I also think many people appreciate how I judge situations, as I can take a very unbiased opinion on it and look at all the facts.

An example of a situation where I made a difficult decision is when a fellow member of my battalion in Imperial received a strike for complete misconduct, they had an application open at the time and I had +supported it. I really liked this person and we spoke on a daily basis and got along. If I had continued to +support the application and he got the position it probably would have benefitted me personally, so I had to make the decision to either -support due to them now being unfit or +support and possibly assist in them getting the position which would benefit me. I chose to -support. This was a very difficult decision for me as there was so many driving factors for both options.

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming in various topics due to getting banned from one of our servers? I would firstly ask them to stop spamming, if it continued I would contact a senior diplomat, get them to issue a warning to the user. I also hide the spam until the senior diplomat+ deals with it.

How would you deal with a situation where two users are aggressively arguing with each other in a warning appeal? I would firstly post a forums diplomat message, then I would hide any comments on the appeal if they are not acceptable. If they continued after being warned to stop, I would contact a senior diplomat+ for assistance with dealing with them.

Frog gave me permission to apply 🙂

Retired: Star Fighter Group Captain Chief Aviation Officer Inferno Squad Lead | Naval Senior Officer x3 |
Imperial Staff Member

Current: Imperial Commando Officer | 501st Officer | First Ever IC Hazmat LeadImperial Senior Moderator | 
Forum Diplomat

• Head Admin

+Support
Trustworthy

unbiased
very active

• Like 1

Grand General | Head Admin | Head Game Master

Former IC VCMDR Fixer from ages past | Former Scout lead | ST Commander

• Head of Staff

Accepted!
Please speak with the Senior Diplomat for your server for training!

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander