Jbane56's Admin Application - Accepted

Jbane56

Admin App Poll  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be promoted to Admin?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

What is your in-game name?: Mitch Robinson(Jbane56 for Staffing)

What is your steam name?: Jbane56

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:59638824

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Before Staffing for GL PoliceRP, I was a equivalent to Super Admin on a now shut down DarkRP server for a while in 2018, but besides that, nothing. I have been staff on PoliceRP for 3 months now.

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) Played for a bit in 2018 but I started playing in 2023 again in late May 

What date did you make your forums account? April 29th 2018

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)? Platinum/Senior Moderator. I bought platinum before applying for staff

How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot) 4 total, 3 from 2018, 1 recently. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3025041983

What rank are you applying for? Admin

Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)? Negative

Have you read the staff guidelines at 

? You will be tested on it: Yes I have.

Timezone: Mountain Standard Time (MST)

Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): Drippy(Manager), Jimmy James(Manager)Rocky(Head of Staff)Scor(Head Admin), Nimo(Head Admin), Trumpo(Head Admin)MJTHEOG(Lead Admin), BruceyBoyo(Lead Admin)Ridgeland(Super Admin)ZoeyPlaysGames(Super Admin)Tactical(Super Admin), Kitty(Super Admin.

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

I believe that I deserve the rank of Admin on GamingLight PoliceRP because I have proven myself to be a valuable asset to the staffing team, both with taking sits and keeping a good reputation with the staff. All while still maintaining a positive reputation with most of the community. Proof of this is that I achieved Staff of The Month for the month of August. I have and still do provide a welcoming community for the new players, and assisting in any questions new or old players have. I have proven that I possess the ability to fend for myself, while very rarely requesting assistance in sits. I've been told my multiple people that I handle sits very well, both on the staff team and from the players. I have become extensively knowledgeable in the GamingLight PoliceRP Rules handbook, or MOTD, as well as the Staff Handbook, so while I take sits I can 95% of the time handle situations efficiently and correctly, which provides the most amount of RolePlay time for the player/s who make the report and least amount of time wasted for the reported players. I continue to demonstrate my patience with players on a daily basis, while still giving out fair punishments for the "crime" committed. The last reason I believe I should be promoted to Admin is because I Love the GL community, and am trying to branch out into the other servers GamingLight has to offer, mainly SCPRP. It would be an honor to become more involved with the community.

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

Firstly I would gather my own proof of the Mass RDM via logs or videos/screenshots. I would do this by switching to the Administration job and hovering nearby the player in question so that I could watch them commit RDM. I do this to prevent any false accusations coming from anyone who reports RDM. After gathering my own evidence I would bring the player to a rooftop and attempt to console the player while explaining that they cannot randomly kill people without a valid RP reason, such as the Murderer job. Since the player doesn't want to listen and all they wanna do is curse at me, I would gag or mute as necessary and explain to them once again that they cannot do what they have been doing, and suggest that they read the rules by typing !MOTD in chat. I would then check logs to see if they are still attempting to type messages while muted, and if they are still being disrespectful I would warn them for MassRDM | Staff/Player diss(as necessary) | NCWS and if they are making any racist/homophobic comments I would add that onto the warn as well. Now depending on the extensiveness of the disrespect that would alter the time I would jail them for personally. If its just MassRDM and staff diss/player diss I would jail them for 10 minutes with instructions to read the !motd while jailed. I would then unmute and ungag them in an attempt to see if they have calmed down. If they havent, I would re mute and gag for the duration of the jailtime. I believe in second chances so I wouldnt ban them just yet, I'd wait to see if they continue after their jail is up. If they do, I would re jail them and administer a 12 hour ban via their SteamID, gathered from combat logs. Then I would request either in staff chat in game or in the staff discord for a ban extention for 5 days according to the Staff Handbook.  

What would you do if you think a player is an alt account?

I would attempt to gather as much information as possible via video or screenshots from myself or any other players who suspect the same thing. I would then contact SMT's in the staff discord and provide all the evidence I gathered to them there, and explain the situation. Then I would see if any SMT are active in game and if they are I will message them in the staff chat and have them handle the matter as I cannot handle that entirely by myself.

What would you do if a player is threating to chargeback? 

Again I would gather evidence via video or screenshots and then contact SMT's in the staff discord while advising the punishments that would ensue if they go through with the chargeback. 

A family is mass minging and causing issues, how would you stop the family from minging?

Once again I would gather video and photo evidence from my own sources or via other players making staff reports or otherwise alerting staff of the issue. I would then make sure that there isnt an event or anything going on that would allow this activity to be happening, as if i remember correctly every family in PoliceRP has at least one staff member, who would (I hope) discourage this activity. If theres no event and the family is truly causing issues and minging I would bring the family up to a rooftop and handle the matter in a similar manner as I would any other minging sit, just with more people. First advise them they are breaking !motd rules and depending on the act/s they were doing I would warn/jail as necessary. I would then advise the family leadership in discord of the players activity and what I did to stop that, as when they joined the family they should have been familiar with the rules when applying. 

How would you deal with a situation you don't know what to/don't know the answer to?

Firstly I would contact any other staff online and ask in staff chat if they know the answer, and if they do not or the answers provided are unclear I would go to the MOTD or Staff Handbook, depending on the question, to attempt and find a solution to my question there. If all else fails I would tell the player that I will find an answer for them and contact them when I get one, and then I would cnontact JMT in discord/teamspeak if it is a time sensitive manner, and if not I would most likely ask in the PoliceRP general chat in the staff discord for assistance.

Edited by Jbane56
Jimmy James gave me his permission and said to add his name to the list
  • Gaminglight Love 1

+Support

-Mature

-Active

-Great application

-Extremely helpful to all members of the community

• Like 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

PD SM    DF 1LT UMC LVL5 

O                                                  O 

(this is supposed to be a police car)        

Accepted

Thank you for your interest in the Police-RP Staff Team!

You have been accepted into the team, and we would love to speak with you! Please contact a Head of Staff within the next 48 hours to claim your tags and be trained, unless other instructions have been given to you. 

Thank you, and we look forward to working with you!

~PoliceRP Senior Management Team

• Thanks 1

rsz_1rsz_1oversized_signature.png