Catalyst's Junior Command Application

Catalyst

Name: Catalyst

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:184128807

Current Rank: Advanced Researcher

Time in Research (Estimate): 1 Month

Why do you believe you should be in Research Command? (150 word requirement): 

When I first rejoined the server, I saw that medical and research were struggling. I wanted to work for a position that would let me help those branches, and now I have the chance to help. I hope to be someone who can be consistent enough to be relied on. Being able to have a command member you can always go to, someone who would drop everything for the branch, is a good set to have in place, which I hope to provide. Some may call me unpredictable, or volatile, which is understandable given my past, but hopefully my work in medical has proven that I’m willing to turn around and assist where it’s needed. Given the absence of CI R&D, I now want to find a new way to contribute to the server in the way I know best, and research has a variety of ways to do that. By becoming a member of the research command team, I hope to refine my own ideas and help others refine their own by being reliable and educational. 

What can you bring to the table that others can't? (100 word requirement):

Experience. Not only have I been in multiple branches, I have been senior command of R&D and have even been a member of research command before. I’ve put a lot of work into the server, and I hope to use those experiences to further drive research to be the best it could possibly be. My connection to many parts of the server will provide better means to communicate with other branches, as well as a general understanding of how they work. To put it simply: I can and will further researches connection with the rest of the server through interactions, connectivity, and general awareness.

What would you do to better Research and increase activity? (100 word requirement):

I plan on paying attention to the areas where research struggles the most. There are many places in research that could use more attention, but currently, I feel like divisions are underutilized, with many divisions having little to no activity due to general neglect or lack of incentive. I hope to bring more meaning to these divisions by advocating for their usage to the rest of the server. AIAD is my most important focus, but I wish to bring more light to all of researches divisions, and hope to work with command and enlisted alike across the server to encourage new scenarios and activities.

• 2 weeks later...