Spider's OS App

spider

1. What’s your In-Game Name? 

Spider

2. What’s your SteamID (e.g. STEAM_0:1:55975235)?   

STEAM_0:1:210024972

3. What is your Rank?

Maintenance Professional

4. Total strikes you’ve ever received? 0

5. How many warnings do you have on GL? 3; from months back

6. On a scale of 1-10, how active are you? 9

7. Why do you believe you should become a Maintenance Command member (100+ words)?

I believe that I am good choice for low command. I think I have really proven myself since I joined maintenance, and I have worked exceptionally hard to get to where I am. I am very active and I am a mature and responsible person. I think that I am a good leader which fits well into the criteria of this role, and I am confident that I can help out maintenance to become an even better branch than it already is. I believe that although I may not have a super big name in the community, I am on good terms with everyone. I started playing on the server a while ago, when I didn't take it as seriously, but a bit ago I returned and am now taking it as serious as should be. If I become an OS I believe that I can really boost the branch as a whole and help out where it is needed.

[The following questions are intended to test your response and ability as command. You must answer 2 (two) of the questions, though you may answer all 3 if you wish.]

8-1. A Utility Trainee has escaped the training room and is refusing to return, how would you handle this?

If a utility trainee were to escape by choice, then, depending on what they did, I would either demote, DNT or just warn them and give them a second chance. For example, if they left the room and started causing chaos, I would demote and DNT. However, if they just left and didn't plan on taking anything seriously, I would give them just a demote. But, if they were to leave the room then come back, and take responsibility for what they did, I believe I would give them a second chance.

8-2. Some enlisted members have begun RDMing each other in bunks as a way to pass time, what would you do in this situation?

If I were to walk in/spawn into this, I would start off by asking and getting them to stop RDMing eachother. I tell them that I understand that waiting out NLR or being in bunks for any other reason, is very boring, and RDMing is a fun passtime for some. However, it is just not a good idea to be doing that. Not everyone wants to be doing this, and this could end up with other unafilliated maintenance personnel being killed; which is super annoying due to NLR.. If they're just RDMing because they want to, then I'd urge them to do something more productive and helpful for the reputation of maintenance, such as but not limited to, cleaning up trash, fixing broken down things, etc.. However, if they do not listen at all then I will be forced to strike them for their behavior.

8-3. A Junior Maintenance is breaking multiple SOP rules such as improperly using tools and disregarding DEFCON rules, what are your next steps?

First, I would talk with them, while pointing out what they are doing wrong, in hopes to help them improve. I would advise them to read over the SOP to better learn the rules. Everyone makes mistakes, and it's completely normal, so at first I hope to help them right their wrong's instead of just punishing them. However, if they continue to disregard guidelines, then I will have to remove their whitelist, and depending on the severity give them a DNT.

spacer.png

+Support 

Great maintenance player

Great Fit

Trustworthy

Maintenance > other branches

Retired Head of Maintenance and Engineering

Former D5 2LT | Formerly RRH Logistics "OL-13" | Former Alpha-1 Captain 'Antarctica' Vulcan Award Winner |

Former Senior Admin/Forum Diplomat, Former Event Team Member

2 hours ago, krberry said:

+support

good questions, like the addition of a potential dnt, and all have a good length, seems like a good guy, although would like to see the warns but beyond that seems good

not proud of it bro : / here you go image.png.4e195c9df9ee188e521bdeb991df6d01.png

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Giga locked this topic