SCP 1025 Test

Lore Name: Monsieur Quenouille

SCP: 1025

Question / Idea: Documenting as many diseases the subjects receive as possible.

Background Research: SCP-1025 is a book of all known diseases which appears to give any disease the subject reads about.

Hypothesis: We'll see the subjects interacting with SCP-1025 contract a number of diseases, all of which I will document in my observations.

Observations:

First subject developped regenerative cancer which made him practically invicible.

Second subject turned to stone and couldn't move nor interact with the book anymore.

Third subject immediately died of spontaneous combustion upon interacting with the book.

Fourth subject died of spontaneous combustion.

Fifth subject suffered from blindness but survived, the blindness cured itself after about a minute.

Fifth subject ineracted with the book again,  this time he could see through walls.

Sixth subject suffereed from a cardiac arrest and died immediately.

Seventh subject didn't notice anything happening.

Seventh subject then died of spontaneous combustiono on his second try.

Eighth subject died from spontaneous combustion.

Evidence/Visual Stimuli: N/A

Analysis: The book can both give diseases and kill the subject, but also give some kinds of "powers" like regeneration and the ability to see people through walls, something which I didn't predict. About half the time people died of spontaneous combustion, four times any other cause of death. 

Conclusion: The fact that the book can give positive abilities on top of deadly diseases could be exploited, although very risky as half of the subject died of spontaneous combustion. I think there is still much more to discover about the book and the effects it gives to the people interacting with it, especially since there are probably more of these "powers" left undiscovered. I might continue my research on SCP-1025 on an ulterior date, for now I might concentrate my research on other SCPs that could prove to be useful to the foundation.

Edited by Monsieur Quenouille