SCP 087 Depth Test 2

mt. moncher

Lore Name: Moncher

SCP:        SCP 087

Question / Idea:    To retrieve the Beacon from the last 087 test.

Background Research:    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qnbN4p0OLtgxorPqG8eKoCB1Ksir0XAESSKfeUgyPTA/edit?usp=sharing

Hypothesis:    The Class D will be able to retrieve the Beacon.

Observations (What Happened During Test): D Class had a successful connection using the comms, they managed to get down to the Beacon and back without expiring, it took 5 hours 30 minutes to descend to the Beacon and roughly 25 seconds to ascend to the starting platform. The contents of the Beacon show falling quickly, while the often noted crying child sound gets louder, at about 4000 meters below sea level, the Beacon was grabbed and dropped, after this point the child was deafening loud, at the 4500 meter mark for a single frame a blue a yellow mass was noted however nothing of the sort was noted by the Class D sent to retrieve it, it should be noted that after this point the child sounded to be above the microphone, we are unsure at the time if that was the child however it seems likely, SCP-87-1’s face was noted for 10 frames before data transfer cut off, after this point onboard steering mechanisms begun to slow the descent and land at the 5500 meters below sea level mark nothing of note during this period.

Evidence/Visual Stimuli (N/A if unable/none): As on now N/A

Analysis / Conclusion (What Could Of Caused The Results): Did we see the child? What caught the Beacon at 4000 meters below sea level? All of these questions are unanswered. My final conclusion is more data should be gathered, I will be working with maintenance on a 10000 meter Beacon in the future.

Was Your Hypothesis Correct?:    Yes.

• 4 weeks later...

80/100: KETER.

Actually sensible (in-lore) idea.

I like how you referenced a previous log with this.

Funny broken door SCP.

Good work.

Research Administrator | R.A.U. Commissioner | External Agent 3 "Oyasumi"

image.png.ef2fbf407892c884509d5e5c10e6fc2c.png