DF6's CO Application

Manio

image.png.7127368880ca0ef92e59b3f5495e0502.png

In-Game name: DT 1SG DF6

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:114478871

How long have you been in your current rank?: 1 day, ik ik.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What experiences in leadership do you have?:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, to explain this briefly:

My experience comes from military servers, IRL training along with other games. I've been a fan of military RP for quite some time now, hence the direction I'm taking. Now, I've been an NCO in DT for quite some time too so I gained an important insight into how the DT runs in day-to-day tasks and how it should be running in order to upkeep the regiment's reputation and performance. My leadership skills were developed over the course of years and one thing I learned that every leader should know - If you expect much out of your men, you should also give them a lot from yourself.

Why do you want to be an officer?(150+ Word minimum)

Being a CO is one way for me to further support the regiment as I'm really into helping DT grow and prosper in the future. Joining the ranks of officers is one way to help the commanders manage the entire regiment and improve it daily so it becomes one of the best things you can become a part of. I showed my activity after receiving Sergeant; proving that I'm a man of my word. You see, Officer is essential for the Regiment's functioning because if there are no officers active - there won't be also any NCOs and Enlisted active too. The quality of the Regiment can go downhill from that point, hitting the rock bottom. Another thing is that COs are here to provide a peak example into what an enlisted or NCOs should shape themselves into, someone to look up to and seek answers that they need to have in order to function properly, someone that they can trust without having second thoughts. The quality of COs determines the quality of an entire regiment, making this role extremely important.

Now, why would you trust me with such position? Now, during my entire career in DTs, I really didn't mess up big time even once. I respect the rules and I also respect the reason behind them. Even the rules I disagree with, but I know that without them the regiment wouldn't function as it does. Some things are necessary for the smooth functioning and I don't and won't argue on that. I can adapt to any set of rules or any way of carrying out my duties, although if I see something is being done wrong, I will mention it. Another reason of me wanting to become one of the COs is that we heavily lack COs in European timezones. As a matter of a fact, I only know one and it's River. Hopefully (if the application gets accepted) I could help with that activity and be around whenever needed since I get on almost everyday. Now, the last thing you need is a hotheaded CO and I assure you, I keep my emotions in check when it comes to situations that require an exemplary behavior no matter how much of a deep hole you find yourself in. 

What makes you stand out amongst the others?(130+Word minimum)

Again, as I said in my NCO application. This question cannot be answered because it's not something I should determine. Standing out is something I don't often aim into doing. I'm not pursuing anything, I'm not here to show everyone I'm the best and you all should bow to me. I'm here to have fun and help the regiment, following orders while also giving them out, having good relationship with other troopers, being friendly and being someone people can talk to with comfort. Being a leader is one of the things that not everyone can exactly do properly, either it's because they lack proper knowledge or maybe they just don't understand how other people will react to his or her behavior. Most of the people decide that being a leader is having a steel hand, being ruthless. Others think that it's about having a good plan all the time which you are confident it will work. Others think that it's just about giving out orders. Of course,  not everyone thinks that, but from my experience - most of the people do that.

Now, what exactly does it mean to be a good leader? You see, you can't really have an organized crew under your command if you don't know them nor want to know them. If you rule with steel hand or by fear, you won't be able to make your crew trust in your decisions, they will just follow your orders because they are afraid. If you give out orders without giving something back to your crew, your relations with them will be non-existant, making your crew doubt in your leadership more and more. So, what I like to do is to get to know well my team, if they make an error - correct them. If they do something wrong, nudge them towards doing it properly. If they mess up - don't punish them, show them what they did wrong and how they can improve. Spending most of your time with your team and helping them improve will make them do things like you do, think like you do, fight like you do and make decisions like you would. If you can achieve that, you will see that micro-managing your unit won't be necessary because everyone will know their place and they will be able to do correct decision autonomously. They will also follow you not because you outrank them; they will follow you because you showed them that they can put trust in your decisions and do them without having second thoughts. Shaping your unit into better men is what a good leader should do.

Hopefully me explaining my way of leadership will let you determine if I'm ready for the position or not. I believe that you should know how a person thinks before granting them with such important position as CO.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you understand that if you fail to meet the expectations of an officer you can be removed from your position?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I do.

Do you understand that receiving a strike will result in an immediate demotion?

Yes, I do.

Here's some piece of art to decorate my app.

recruitment1.thumb.png.4b10ff1c9d06a1cd07a5d4a2be5ad318.png

Edited by Manio

• 2 weeks later...
  • mikey! locked this topic