Curtis’s Forums Diplomat Application

Curtis

In-Game Name: 
Curtis

Steam Name: 
[GL] Curtis

SteamID: 
STEAM_0:1:154342364

What is your staff rank and the server you work in? 
Admin SCPRP

How long have you been apart of the Gaminglight community
Roughly June or July 2019

How long have you been a staff member on Gaminglight? 
I was first staff back in 2019/2020 (forgot the date) but recently again in January 27th 2023

How often are you online on the forums? 
4/10 to be honest, I go on sometimes to look over applications but I definitely need to be more active. 

Why do you believe you're qualified to serve as a Forum Diplomat? 
I believe I should be a forum diplomat because I have good judgement, in a long lasting member of the community, and I want to give back to the members of the community by helping not only moderate the forums but also have a deeper understanding of the forums for my other duties working the community as a support member.  

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, please describe a situation that required you to make a difficult decision? I would consider myself to have good judgment, I have encountered several real life and in-game situations where I had to use difficult judgement. 
The number one thing I feel is that one person is not the most effective way to deal with a difficult situation, it’s to bring someone in for a second opinion. A real life scenario is I work at an airport managing roughly 100 people, with that many people not everyone is going to get along with one another, in this situation it was two fellow employees having a disagreement where they were both in the wrong but also a little in the right, I turned the situation into a learning experience I spoke with both employees individually and let them know what was wrong in both of the views and what was right and how to correct it in the future. I’d do so the same on the forums I’d hide the posts and contact the individuals separately to let them know why and what happened in the situation and what they can do to improve on it in the future. 

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming in various topics due to getting banned from one of our servers? 
I would first hide or delete the posts they made on the topics and message the individual the proper place to appeal the ban, if they continue then further action would have to be taken. 

How would you deal with a situation where two users are aggressively arguing with each other in a warning appeal? If there are two users that are aggressively arguing I would ensure they do not have any previous infractions on the forums and I would hide the posts, remind everyone that there are absolutely no fighting on the forums and remind them to only leave + or - supports, depending on the severity I would give each individual a warn on the forums. I would also lock the posts until SMT reviews it per the handbook. 

Please Note I have been on LOA since June 5th until June 22nd due to being out of town. I have responded to a few posts but have not had time ti make an application until now! Thank you for reading. 

Edited by Curtis
Adding a note to bottom

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

• 2 weeks later...

+Support

Hard working staff member, well deserving of forum diplomat.

Maintenance > other branches

Retired Head of Maintenance and Engineering

Former D5 2LT | Formerly RRH Logistics "OL-13" | Former Alpha-1 Captain 'Antarctica' Vulcan Award Winner |

Former Senior Admin/Forum Diplomat, Former Event Team Member

• Head of Staff

Accepted!

Please see Kiwi for your training

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

• Frog locked this topic