Sprucer's Engineer Application

RAS EN Sprucer

1. What’s your In-Game Name?  Sprucer

2. What’s your SteamID (e.g. STEAM_0:1:55975235)?  STEAM_0:1:68641183

3. What is your Rank?  MP

4. Total strikes you’ve ever received?  0

5. How many warnings do you have on GL?  None

6. On a scale of 1-10, how active are you?  9, On par with Mekia and Z1 i would say, but my timezone is CET

7. Why do you believe you should become a Maintenance Command member (150+ words)?  

First of all I would like to apply for CMD as Engineer because I have loved maintenance ever since I started on this server. Now the two things I play are maint and research, and its usually the former the most, because everything about me I love. Even though the premise on this branch is simple initially I feel it has some of the most RP heavy people, as well as some of the most interesting sub-branches and ranks, which leads me to the reason why I would like to apply for this position. I love maintenance and the way it works makes me feel it deserves so much more activity and encouragement to partake in all types of server interactions. I am greatly careful with responsibilities when they are given to me, and patient as well. I do not like to see myself in any power over others, and im always one to solve things as pragmatically and peacefully as possible. I always try to help JMs or MJs get a hang of things, going with them, and generally engage in activities with anyone in maint. I try to spread info others might not know, and help with existing info too. Same as FTO. I can play many hours every day, and I am dedicated, so I would be ready to spot issues, conflict, or confusing as well as unresolved situations. As for experience, I have in all types of roleplay, be it more or less serious, having over 1000 hours in one SCP-RP server, and several more hundred in misc RP servers, as well as roleplay experience in other mediums as well.

[The following questions are intended to test your response and ability as command. You must answer 2 (two) of the questions, though you may answer all 3 if you wish.]

8-1. A Utility Trainee has escaped the training room and is refusing to return, how would you handle this?

Obviously, situation is key, so first step is calling over comms for them to come back. I would do so 3 or 4 times, and if they came back, everything should be fine, if not, I would call for someone to cuff them and bring them, if this is not possible, set up a DNT for at least one week, depending on gravity of the situation. If they are brought back, have a chat with them about consequences for doing this, and let them be trained should they choose to. If behavior continues after this, set up a DNT, again, for at least a week.

8-2. Some enlisted members have begun RDMing each other in bunks as a way to pass time, what would you do in this situation?

Once more I feel context is key here. If I see this happen, I would get the people involved and tell them the possible consequences of their actions as per server rules, but also branch rules as well. Explain they could receive a strike or if it is very bad and messing with the server experience more badly, a removal from maint. If there is 3 or 4 people in the server, and two of them are engaging in this with no ill intent, no punishment is needed the way I see it, considering on the low hours the server is pretty much empty like this. However it might be required in this situation if one of the individuals does not agree to be doing this, or there is others that could have their activities halted because of this. It could lead up, like I said to a strike, or even a removal.

8-3. A Junior Maintenance is breaking multiple SOP rules such as improperly using tools and disregarding DEFCON rules, what are your next steps?

It depends on a variety of factors, length of the infractions, the type of said infractions, and seniority of the JM. Once I have gotten a hold of them, I would recommend to them they read the SOP again, and maybe after a bit ask them a few questions about it. Particularly with very new recruits, harshness is very much not needed, as much as having them know the SOP better, and show them that it matters. If what they were doing was more grave, or had ill intent, a verbal warning would be issued. If it continues the same way afterwards, again depending on the gravity I would inform them they could be striked if they continue, and proceed to do so, if they indeed follow through with breaking SOP or otherwise. If it gets worse, a removal might be needed, and could be set up.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and have a nice one!

//  Research Assistant Supervisor  //

>>   Operations Supervisor  <<

$~  H.L.P.R. Gamma Z7

Bit late but....

Accepted!

You have already been trained!

Maintenance > other branches

Retired Head of Maintenance and Engineering

Former D5 2LT | Formerly RRH Logistics "OL-13" | Former Alpha-1 Captain 'Antarctica' Vulcan Award Winner |

Former Senior Admin/Forum Diplomat, Former Event Team Member