General Suggestion - The removal of "crouch jump spam" - Denied

Dagger

4 hours ago, Destroyer2 said:

Again it would just make people go to CivilGamers SCP RP server, dont you think? 

Ok so first of all we lost 30+ Players to our Rival because of stuff like this, second of all lets stop arguing on this post n go to Discord DM's if u want, lets keep it only +/- support!

Edited by Avalon Levi

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

On 1/21/2023 at 4:58 PM, Dick Grayson said:

+support this ruins pvp entirely 

Agreed

On 1/21/2023 at 11:56 PM, Ein said:

+Support

I've always been for more "realistic" combat in the server, I'm not saying "guys we need to add leaning and prone and it needs to be like rainbow six siege because tacticool realism!!!" but like what has been said, it is unfun to fight against someone using crouch jump spam, and I've used it endlessly to get out of situations I probably shouldn't have gotten out of.

Not sure how I feel about more realistic combat, but I would consider crouch jumping an exploit as you are manipulating the game in an unintentional way to get an unfair advantage.

On 1/22/2023 at 12:38 AM, Ardo said:

+support

I don't know how will they implement this but this is very unfair to scps cause they cant kill you with crouch jumping only with luck hoping their hitreg gets registered.  Crouching jumping is the main reason i keep suggesting buffs to more scps.  imagine bhopping cringe everyone plays like a normal person

I think SCPs should be fought with tactics and skill, not exploits. I think this kind of thing that makes our SCP mains not play on the server is when they get stuck with unfair and unfun fights like the two clipped above. At the end of the day we can dislike D-Class and SCP mains but they are needed to keep the server involved and fun.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Honestly, kind of a -Support for this. 

While I certainly don't utilize it as much as the D-class do I still use it to get out of combat scenarios and altercations as most of the time while being noncombatant I am hopelessly outgunned in fights. This provides ways for me to escape and get help. Another thing is while I have no distaste for our fellow SCPRP servers I feel this will just encourage people to head over to their servers if we made combat unfun for them here. While yes I know its annoying in some aspects but I feel we can mitigate this by simply changing other aspects. So it's a leaning -support but only slightly.

1 hour ago, Ayaya said:

Honestly, kind of a -Support for this. 

While I certainly don't utilize it as much as the D-class do I still use it to get out of combat scenarios and altercations as most of the time while being noncombatant I am hopelessly outgunned in fights. This provides ways for me to escape and get help. Another thing is while I have no distaste for our fellow SCPRP servers I feel this will just encourage people to head over to their servers if we made combat unfun for them here. While yes I know its annoying in some aspects but I feel we can mitigate this by simply changing other aspects. So it's a leaning -support but only slightly.

On 1/23/2023 at 4:21 AM, Destroyer2 said:

I'm sorry but this will destroy combat system also crouch jumping aint hard to counter honestly 

-Suppport

First point thats not crouch jump 

Next point its cuz their swep is trash at hitting 

If he wasnt being shot from 5 sides he could've easily killed you

"crouch jumping aint hard to counter honestly" the thing is there is no counter in crouch jumping i dont know how do you counter that other than giving more attack speed buff on scps which people will cry about cause they make them "op"

and first of all im spamming CTRL + SPACE I dont know why you dont see that and the only thing you are proving here is SCPS are the worse branch to play in SCP-RP and even if he is being shot at 5 sides he could have killed me if i wasnt crouch jump spamming

On 1/23/2023 at 8:48 AM, Pure said:

TRUE honestly Skill issue just learn Crouch spamming not that hard

I dont know whats your point here its not about learning crouch spamming

Edited by Ardo

- Support just a skill issue ong

• Like 1

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

we are not an serios RP server, this feature is there so people can use it, it is a combat feature used by multiple people if you cannot counter it or learn how to than that is your problem. but removing the freature will just make it aids in the first place

-support

Former E11 Captain, D5 Sergeant, V1 [EOI], CI LT,  and Nu7 LT
Current E11 LCPL|Riot Shield Abuser|Cloak hater

-Support

I am almost constantly playing a combative job, whether its SF, normal branch jobs, or Donor Jobs, I have had no issue with "Crouch Jump Spammers".
I understand that they are incredibly annoying to fight and tedious but if you understand the process, you can easily counter then. Instead of aiming just 
for the head, try aiming all around them. 
There really is no reason to add a stamina system as it would 
1. Get rid of Bhoping
2. Make traveling the site even harder
3. Make it so some classes with speed boosts can outrun danger easier
4. Make Cloakers even better as stamina can prevent jumping/running away
5. MAYBE might balance the combat system, but will have almost no skill required to kill someone.
All you really need to do to beat a "Crouch Jump Spammer" is to shoot in the way he is GOING as he will eventually get hit and die. I've killed numerous Crouch Jumpers and its not hard.

I believe that because Bhoping, and Crouch Jumping is a Gmod related feature, blocking it would not make sense and probably ruin many more aspects of the server.
I for one would be incredibly annoyed if it were removed, and I don't even crouch jump when fighting. It easier to create a tactic that could COUNTER crouch jumping.

an Example would be earlier today, there was an MTF Raid on CI and the whole E4,EOI, and Gamma place had crouch jumpers. WE ended up killing the crouch jumpers and essentially won.

Former  E11/R&D Senior Command | Former IMP RP HCMD | Donator | "when you're drunk as fuck, you feel no pain" - Yohan 2022 |

-Support

One of the huge things Gaminglight SCPRP has going for it is how PvP functions on the server. I think removing crouch spam would honestly just make people leave.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

-Support
Overall this suggestion just hinders a lot of combat in the server, will create more sits for no real reason, and for the most part is gonna just lead to more issues than it fixes.

Edited by K I W I

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

• 2 weeks later...