Iron Sights Fix Suggestion - Accepted [Completed]

David

What are you suggesting? -  I would like to see SMT change the code for their gun files. Because when trying to aim down sights with weapons, the iron sights don't align with where the bullets are going. For example:

image.png.234714a67c68dffeff2039b12122580a.png

The cyan-colored crosshair is actually where the bullets are going. It isn't shown, but the iron sights were going left to right also.

How would this change better the server? -  Players will be able to trust the iron sights.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - No

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everybody

Links to any content - 

This line of code in shared.lua needs to be changed to fix this. The weapons we use right now have blowback set to false.

image.png.6a3b137bae818b60b20c12a8eaea2be5.png

This is a short clip showing what true vs false looks like.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxreMkte36hSbMp9Sgx6rnQ1IC2G4iD6JB

(EDIT) Here is a weapon in the game that has blowback enabled.

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/R2yxdOxQ-r1cH/d1337fskCwug?invite=cr-MSxvRTgsMTUzODIxNDgs

Edited by David

RETIRED!

Ex 2iC of Shadow Legacy

Ex S.W.A.T. Co-Commander

Not gonna lie; I thought you meant the model itself, but I was wrong

When I watched the video, what were you talking about? I was really surprised you can able to do this. So many suggestions are trying to fix the Iron sight on the FAL, if it’s possible on the server tho

Also, I did notice the default Crosshairs is not accurate to the custom crosshair so I have no idea what is going on with that

+SUPPORT 

📂📭📁📂📭📄📁📄︎🗐︎ Owner CC: CI TF2 Heavy (without Auger)|

14 minutes ago, LucarioKing said:

When I watched the video, what were you talking about? I was really surprised you can able to do this. So many suggestions are trying to fix the Iron sight on the FAL, if it’s possible on the server tho

Also, I did notice the default Crosshairs is not accurate to the custom crosshair so I have no idea what is going on with that

+SUPPORT 

I use the Simple Third Person custom cross-hair because it shows where the bullets are going. You can always trust the custom cross-hair. I made this suggestion on the PRP suggestions box, and I hope it gets accepted here too.

Edited by David
grammar

RETIRED!

Ex 2iC of Shadow Legacy

Ex S.W.A.T. Co-Commander

2 minutes ago, David said:

I use the Simple Third Person custom cross-hair because it shows where the bullets are going. You can always trust the custom cross-hair. I made this suggestion on the PRP suggestions box, and I hope it gets accepted here too.

Oh believe me I always had that on at all times and I hope so for this can be a thing

• Like 1

📂📭📁📂📭📄📁📄︎🗐︎ Owner CC: CI TF2 Heavy (without Auger)|

+Support

This is a recent problem that came with the recent hitbox addons and fixes, before recoil was accurate to crosshair, iron sights, etc like in this clip https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/MlbQgMeK6n-yk/d1337eQhyiSO?invite=cr-MSwwQTMsNTY1MzM1NDUs, but now is like this https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/PsffLeTL9DA83/d1337is98v3S?invite=cr-MSxkdWosNTY1MzM1NDUs. This makes guns with high recoil nigh unusable and should be addressed and fixed ASAP

Former Ranks: Medical AHOMSSEC Major AJG WL LucillaD5 Vice CommanderCI R&D Archivist DHBICI Lieutenant Colonel

737457596_Screenshot(111).png.b0bac56931254c79ac0b8514688eae15.png

Dammm tbh this is really good and it could be awesome is the blowback from high recoil weapons is fix as gamehunter say some weapon have really high recoil and unusable 

+support 

CURRENT RANKS SCPRP: None
Retired E-11 COL and EX GENSEC MAJ

CHAD WITH GOLDENPAN612494147_jaydenaskingforHBOXD.png.8244c394c19aa3dc39251ae1e63c7ae2.png

On 1/15/2023 at 12:26 AM, LucarioKing said:

+SUPPORT 

17 hours ago, Hex-G said:

Massive +Support

This could fix so many issues with combat on the server. Having better more accurate Iron Sights would be fantastic and allow for so many more guns to be used and possibly diversity the meta.

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

• 2 weeks later...

+support
While in the video it doesn't truly highlight the issue it's more noticeable on LMGs for instance the Nu7 Behemoth and E11 Combat engineer have LMGs for their main weapons and they can barely hit their targets due to this  
here's a clip of what I mean

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/TkjYPoM8OpDTC/d1337k1DZiDb?invite=cr-MSw0dFcsNDM0NTM3NjYs

The gree crosshair is where i'm aiming + where the bullets should be grouping around 
as you can see the bullets are focused more downward than where they're supposed to be. 
This has never been an issue on the server until this month or maybe sometime December.   

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

On 1/17/2023 at 11:39 AM, Hex-G said:

Massive +Support

This could fix so many issues with combat on the server. Having better more accurate Iron Sights would be fantastic and allow for so many more guns to be used and possibly diversity the meta.

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

On 1/17/2023 at 12:39 PM, Hex-G said:

Massive +Support

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 5:14 PM, Yamato said:

+support
While in the video it doesn't truly highlight the issue it's more noticeable on LMGs for instance the Nu7 Behemoth and E11 Combat engineer have LMGs for their main weapons and they can barely hit their targets due to this  
here's a clip of what I mean

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/TkjYPoM8OpDTC/d1337k1DZiDb?invite=cr-MSw0dFcsNDM0NTM3NjYs

The gree crosshair is where i'm aiming + where the bullets should be grouping around 
as you can see the bullets are focused more downward than where they're supposed to be. 
This has never been an issue on the server until this month or maybe sometime December.   

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

Massive +Support

Former: CI COL, S6 Sidious VI, A1 SPC

Massive +Support