New rule suggestion - Denied - Denied

Human

Post name: “General Suggestion - New rule

What are you suggesting? - A new rule to be able to tackel someone. Heavy targets like D4 G9 HTF would get a roll bounus of 20 and members of SA/RRH would get a plus 10 on roll bonus for a tackle.They can still tap comms until stripped and after a suggestful tackle the person must stop moving to be cuffed.To tackle some they must not be in combat.If a tackle is fail the person trying to capture them can't shoot/ kill them right after a failure and must retreat for a few secounds to give the target about to react to it.

How would this change better the server? - Being able to catch people when you are chasing/get someone while they are standing still

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - A higher chance member like EOI/maynard are being chased geing captured or LV4 people get captured more.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - CI

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - Tackle.jpg.4ca8d5d54d0a29cc1d79e76a2a9fc605.jpg

- Support
Doens't seen viable, personally i don't like the idea too.

Edited by Avalon Levi

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

I think this could bring more RP to the combatant branchs by making interrogations/hostage situations more common.

It is already possible to strip someone who is not cuffed through a standard contested roll; adding the option of a tackle with contested roll and the ability to tap comms seems reasonably fair to both sides.

On the fence about the roll bonus, I really think having more interrogations/hostage situations would be a good thing for all branchs involved and a roll bonus would discourage going for certain targets.

+Support

• Like 1

-support

the beginning of power gaming, im good

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

-Support
Not a bad idea but just creates a lot of power gaming and also would be used very little if even due to the having to run up to somebody and type that, also everyone has a lot of binds already so just adding another would be annoying

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

2 hours ago, Ozzie_ said:

I think this could bring more RP to the combatant branchs by making interrogations/hostage situations more common.

It is already possible to strip someone who is not cuffed through a standard contested roll; adding the option of a tackle with contested roll and the ability to tap comms seems reasonably fair to both sides.

On the fence about the roll bonus, I really think having more interrogations/hostage situations would be a good thing for all branchs involved and a roll bonus would discourage going for certain targets.

+Support

5 hours ago, Ozzie_ said:

+Support

SCP/Medical Senior-Command/Manager/Head of Field Work 

On 1/14/2023 at 4:02 PM, K I W I said:

-Support
Not a bad idea but just creates a lot of power gaming and also would be used very little if even due to the having to run up to somebody and type that, also everyone has a lot of binds already so just adding another would be annoying

Former Ranks: Medical AHOMSSEC Major AJG WL LucillaD5 Vice CommanderCI R&D Archivist DHBICI Lieutenant Colonel

737457596_Screenshot(111).png.b0bac56931254c79ac0b8514688eae15.png

-Support

BUT I think you are on to something. I do not like the idea of running up to combatants and trying to RP tackle them, especially if its happening in the middle of a gun fight. I do like the idea of a way to capture or sub-due a combatant other than stealth cuffing/surrendering. Fear RP can be  difficult for combatants as you need 3 to 1 before combat is engaged.

On 1/14/2023 at 4:02 PM, K I W I said:

-Support

On 1/17/2023 at 10:36 AM, Hex-G said:

-Support

I do not like the idea of running up to combatants and trying to RP tackle them, especially if its happening in the middle of a gun fight.

Did you even read the suggestion? It specifically states that you cannot tackle people in combat for obvious reasons. 

In my opinion, role-playing on the server has been dead for a very long time. It's no longer about the SCPs due to how easy it is to RC them, now it's just about CI fighting MTF. EOI getting the update that allowed them to be metagame proof with their job name and keycard gave me hope for roleplay. The idea of tackling someone, who might I remind you can still call people out in comms, is a completely reasonable addition to the server that will enhance RP and make EOI more of a threat. 

This is coming from a former EOI Overseer when I say that I would love for this to be added. It would allow for more people to be captured and interrogated, and put a bit of roleplay back into SCPRP.

+Support 

-Ender

Former CI CPT Ender CE3650 / C5 Cataphract V / D1 Freeman I

spacer.png

On 1/22/2023 at 3:27 AM, Dagger said:

Did you even read the suggestion? It specifically states that you cannot tackle people in combat for obvious reasons. 

The idea of tackling someone, is a completely reasonable addition to the server that will enhance RP and make EOI more of a threat. 

My concern is that it would lead to power game. I am aware people would not tackle each other in combat (all though it would inevitable happen and lead to more issues for staff) but it would be difficult to run up to someone and have to wait and rp a scenario if there is anything going on around them. It would be a very specific situation that I think would be of more detriment than benefit. Hope that clarifies.

Due to the exceedingly high (practically inevitable) chance that this will lead to large amounts of power game issues, failRP, and be just overall an undue burden on the staff team, we will have to deny this. However, I want to say that conceptually this is a very cool idea, but just not something that should be governed by roll actions.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

Denied. The SCP-RP SMT has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

Denied. The SCP-RP SMT has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.