General Suggestion - Make D Block fun again - Denied

Bossatron1924

1 hour ago, PlantBruh said:

Honestly would be a fun mix-up, but would obviously need a map edit, which is usually grounds for denial.
However, it would make D-Class more fun and gives more options than running at gensec or peeking from the sides rooms. 
+Support

1 hour ago, PlantBruh said:

Honestly would be a fun mix-up, but would obviously need a map edit, which is usually grounds for denial.
However, it would make D-Class more fun and gives more options than running at gensec or peeking from the sides rooms. 
+Support

• Like 1

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

2 hours ago, PlantBruh said:

+Support

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 11:44 PM, PlantBruh said:

+Support

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

+Support

Great idea, and I believe it would make it way more enjoyable for both D-Class and Gensec and even MTF guarding D-Block to be on the lookout for 2 different spots

However this needs map editing, and I don't remember if it is possible to just temper with the map like that sadly.

Current: Nu-7 VCMDR

Former: E-11 VCMDR/LT-COL totally didn't get demoted || Event Team Member || CI SFTO 2LT

CCs: Snoop Dog Owner || Previous Rho-36 Occult Operative || Used to be Reznov || CI TF2 Heavy || MTF Zeta-0 'Caste Gates' || Tango-12 'Forgiving Hand'

French Canadian man || Mbappé fan in the making

On 12/17/2022 at 9:59 AM, Rito said:

+Support

Great idea, and I believe it would make it way more enjoyable for both D-Class and Gensec and even MTF guarding D-Block to be on the lookout for 2 different spots

However this needs map editing, and I don't remember if it is possible to just temper with the map like that sadly.

SCP/Medical Senior-Command/Manager/Head of Field Work 

On 12/17/2022 at 11:59 AM, Rito said:

+Support

miss the old site 50 d block 
and if its possible to mix the on site50 d block to add it to the current one that will be sick
+support

CURRENT RANKS SCPRP: None
Retired E-11 COL and EX GENSEC MAJ

CHAD WITH GOLDENPAN612494147_jaydenaskingforHBOXD.png.8244c394c19aa3dc39251ae1e63c7ae2.png

• 4 weeks later...

I do hate the new D-Block is very unfun and quickly gets shot down. I recommend just merging the last map D-Block and the prop placement. Remove the glass, please I want them to troll all security with my Barrett again WITHOUT THE GLASS!

and I know there’s someone who knows what I’m talking about

+support

Edited by LucarioKing
  • Dislike 1

📂📭📁📂📭📄📁📄︎🗐︎ Owner CC: CI TF2 Heavy (without Auger)|

-Support

The site-50 Lower D-Block would not work with our current map. While SOME aspects could be adopted to expand Lower D-Block it would be difficult with the sheer size the map is. The map is optimized to use as much space as possible. The tower would remain in upper and upper would look identical to how it looks now. People from lower would not be able to shoot into upper, with possible exception to the ends of the catwalks. There would also not be any additional elevators.

The glass in Upper D-Block would stay.

Please remember that D-Class are prisoners who are dead to the rest of the world in a top secret off the grid blacksite where dangerous unknown entities are contained and studied. They have no rights, they barely exist. They will not have an easy time escaping.

I am 100% on board for creating more RP and activities for D-Class to do, but it is extremely hard to incorporate new things without disrupting the current flow or damaging some other branch in the process.

• Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Hex-G said:

-Support

The site-50 Lower D-Block would not work with our current map. While SOME aspects could be adopted to expand Lower D-Block it would be difficult with the sheer size the map is. The map is optimized to use as much space as possible. The tower would remain in upper and upper would look identical to how it looks now. People from lower would not be able to shoot into upper, with possible exception to the ends of the catwalks. There would also not be any additional elevators.

Please remember that D-Class are prisoners who are dead to the rest of the world in a top secret off the grid blacksite where dangerous unknown entities are contained and studied. They have no rights, they barely exist. They will not have an easy time escaping.

I am 100% on board for creating more RP and activities for D-Class to do, but it is extremely hard to incorporate new things without disrupting the current flow or damaging some other branch in the process.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

+Support 
It should be a priority to ensure the new player has somewhat a chance to over power security forces. 
Just remove that lower D block all together and have some cells in upper 

If the map needs to be optimized they could remove the useless forest to the right of CI base when you are coming out. 

Also if you want to go with the 'realism argument' there are tons of things on this server that go against lore. 106 Cant tp through walls, SCPs having out of bounds areas, Mobile task forces and CC that dont exist. The point is there has to be changes to lore strict things for things to actually be fun.

Where I see what you are saying I have to say like others have is that the old map LDB (Lower D Block) will not work with site 13 and I do not see SMT or whoever is in charge of changing maps changing it back to site 50 as people complained a lot about the fact that D Class would snipe you from lower now people are saying D Class have no chance of rioting but you see both sides are wrong because being sniped from lower on site 50 made D Block more exciting as you learned to be ready for anything and if you got sniped you would laugh about it especially if you are not expecting it not only that on this map D Class do riot with and without CI assistance so if this were accepted I feel it would work better with site 50 but I am staying Neutral 

• Manager

+ Support 

Ya know if they added the cafeteria back that would be awesome, I remember the events that would happen for Chefs to come in and do events FOR D-Class other than like a mass Riot event. 

I would love a change for Lower D-Block.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

On 12/19/2022 at 8:41 PM, Chineseman said:

and if its possible to mix the on site50 d block to add it to the current one that will be sick

Nah Make it Site 10 dblock 
huge open area in the front with proper lines and decent barricades  and it's perfect for dclass snipers so there's no room to complain on either side. 
It'll effect some of the gensec SOP and rules etc and remove any / all vantage points for foundation side snipers but y'know why are you using a high caliber sniper against unarmored flesh? kinda cringe.   
Dclass get an advantage due to their large elevator that brings them down and it'd be reworded to upper dblock. 
Site-10 dblock tho was deffinitely good for both sides regardless 
the one thing we'll be missing might be the CMD overlook above where gensec would be

+support 

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 1

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

On 1/17/2023 at 10:59 AM, Hex-G said:

Please remember for some branches you need to escape and dblock is incredibly gensec sided and there are people who pay money to play as dclass 🤮 and just bc you blow at the video game dosent mean they dont get to have fun

• Dislike 2

Real Ass G
the sopranos smoking GIF

On 1/17/2023 at 8:59 AM, Hex-G said:

-Support

Well it's also a game, of which is meant to be enjoyable. 

+Support 

• Dislike 1

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

On 1/17/2023 at 8:59 AM, Hex-G said:

-Support

shitty reasoning

image.png.ac0ade9e81b2bc811137ad219b04eb6d.png

• Dislike 2

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

On 1/17/2023 at 10:59 AM, Hex-G said:

-Support

-support your -support for one simple reason,

I disagree.

• Dislike 2

On 1/20/2023 at 2:11 AM, Sean Johnson said:

+Support 
It should be a priority to ensure the new player has somewhat a chance to over power security forces. 
Just remove that lower D block all together and have some cells in upper 

If the map needs to be optimized they could remove the useless forest to the right of CI base when you are coming out. 

Also if you want to go with the 'realism argument' there are tons of things on this server that go against lore. 106 Cant tp through walls, SCPs having out of bounds areas, Mobile task forces and CC that dont exist. The point is there has to be changes to lore strict things for things to actually be fun.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

Would be cool if there were paths up into the mines and lounge area. Partial could still be maintained however would be interesting to see how they would handle extra routes. Actually setting up guards instead of playing jump on the elevator edge and shoot any orange that appears 

+support

On 1/31/2023 at 2:20 PM, JohnsAFK said:

Please remember for some branches you need to escape and dblock is incredibly gensec sided and there are people who pay money to play as dclass 🤮 and just bc you blow at the video game dosent mean they dont get to have fun

There are no branches that need to escape D-block? D-Class ig you could consider as a branch but there is no formal structure for D-Class, they are meant to be chaotic and only as organized as a bunch of random players can make them. Yes, D-block is gensec sided. It was literally built by the foundation to keep D-Class inside and prevent them from escaping. This is not a fair 1 v 1 TDM arena, its for prisoners. The way D-Class can win is by using cunning tactics and coordinating with each other. The assistance of CI is a massive help to both factions when it comes to raids and escaping.

Also, saying skill issue does not help to the discussion at all, try to contribute something in your responses.

On 1/31/2023 at 4:13 PM, Some Weeb said:

Well it's also a game, of which is meant to be enjoyable. 

Part of the game is the relation to the lore of the SCP Foundation. D-Class are prisoners, in Jail break gamemodes its not easy for people to get out, its based on prisoners winning against the odds. Its meant to be hard because that makes it all the more satisfying when you do it. If it was easy not only would it make no sense but it would become stagnant and boring very quickly.

On 1/31/2023 at 4:39 PM, MexicanGuy said:

shitty reasoning

Contribute something to the conversation or explain which part of my reasoning you disagree with. That is just unproductive

On 1/31/2023 at 7:08 PM, Rex Velvet said:

-support your -support for one simple reason,

I disagree.

Again, explain why you disagree, simply saying this means nothing. If you don't like something or think I was wrong please explain.

34 minutes ago, Hex-G said:

There are no branches that need to escape D-block? D-Class ig you could consider as a branch but there is no formal structure for D-Class, they are meant to be chaotic and only as organized as a bunch of random players can make them. Yes, D-block is gensec sided. It was literally built by the foundation to keep D-Class inside and prevent them from escaping. This is not a fair 1 v 1 TDM arena, its for prisoners. The way D-Class can win is by using cunning tactics and coordinating with each other. The assistance of CI is a massive help to both factions when it comes to raids and escaping.

Also, saying skill issue does not help to the discussion at all, try to contribute something in your responses.

Part of the game is the relation to the lore of the SCP Foundation. D-Class are prisoners, in Jail break gamemodes its not easy for people to get out, its based on prisoners winning against the odds. Its meant to be hard because that makes it all the more satisfying when you do it. If it was easy not only would it make no sense but it would become stagnant and boring very quickly.

Contribute something to the conversation or explain which part of my reasoning you disagree with. That is just unproductive

Again, explain why you disagree, simply saying this means nothing. If you don't like something or think I was wrong please explain.

Your reasoning solely revolves around SCP realism and Gensec gameplay. You seem to be ignorant of how new players start on D-class and equally ignorant of how many new players are turned away by Gensec and mtf sitting at the top of the elevator during partial. Admittedly, you acknowledge giving dclass more things to do in RP, so credit there. My suggestion would be to add 2 smaller elevators, 1 leading to lounge and the other to mines to allow for players who want to gamble or mine to be able to do so while partial is on and to allow for more dynamic riots, which would be more fun for both parties while on partial, because I would be astonished if sitting at the top of elevator, shooting down at ppl with 100hp, was even remotely fun with its lack of any difficulty. By no means should the addition of 2 elevators be the end goal, but merely a starting point. To be honest, you seem very much against anything that benefits dclass because you think it takes away from gensec when in reality it doesnt. The goal is to make things more entertaining for both parties. Dblock would still be gensec sided as it should be, but dclass should have more options to get into upper than one elevator (as a caveat, it was understandable with the old map seeing as we could shoot into upper that there was one elevator since that made riots fluid and dynamic, but with the new map its very much 1 route and 1 way to riot with very little wiggle room, the addition of 2 elevators would open up a world of possibilities for dclass to choose from and again, make riots more interesting from both sides)

+Support make dblock better

Edited by Rex Velvet