Model Path: models/player/starwars/mistersweetroll/imperialguard.mdl

Model is already on the server 

Weapon Kit: 

E11-T - ( rw_sw_e11t ) 

DLT-19S ( rw_sw_dlt19s )

Electroblades - ( tfa_electrobladesfx )

DC-17 (Purge) - ( rw_sw_dc17_purge )

Binoculars ( rw_sw_bino_dark )

Reason for change (do you think that said weapons is suitable for the job and is fair considering current loadouts of other battalions?): 

This is suitable because it isn’t too strong with health and armor as it is far below normal RG standards and is only used as a support unit. The weapons are fairly underpowered compared to other IPO units. It will also help the Royal Guard with protecting VIPs against rebel elites and dealing with threats at a range, something a lightsaber can’t do. It also brings more of a spark within RG because there have been many times where RG is just sitting there during an event and holding alt. If this gets added it can diversify the way RG is used in the server and increase the overall Roleplay experience within RG. 

Health: 650

Armor: 150

Reason for health/armor changes: Proportionate to Purge Troopers and Nova/DT as the job will fill a similar role to those jobs.

Description (Optional): Royal Guard CDT II may use this job after getting trained by a RG III+

Do you believe these changes are fair to the battalion/job role it is responsible for and will benefit the server, if so, why?: 

(This will be a cert job that can be joined from RG CDT II (SPC), and will be freely accessible to all players who have been trained)

These changes are fair to the Royal Guard as it will increase activity and allow those that want to use guns while being in RG as a support unit making it more diverse. A new job that doesn't use a lightsaber could attract more people to donate for RG, giving people more options. Giving players variety is always a plus and the longer range weapons give RG more capability in terms of effectiveness. Between Shadow Guard, Saber Guard and this job, we think we have covered every niche for players and will allow for a wider array of jobs to choose from, allowing RG to be ready for any situation.

Requested Job Slots: 6

Current SSO Sub LT Icey

Omgg my suggestion was actually added in!!! 

+Support!!

“You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun. The Infinite Black Flames Shall burn your corpse until you die!"
Shadow Guard Lieutenant Aero  
 Current- Shadow Guard Lead Ren Black Star

+HUGE MEGA ULTRA SUPPORT

*Agreed with the fact that it may attract more people to donate and play as royal guard. A lot of people donate for the use of a lightsaber but it could add just that extra bit of interest to the job class.

* This would allow for diversified event planning for the regiment. the officers opting to use some of these troopers during events, and as a reward for those in the regiment that are doing well.

*This allows for other regiments that are a part of IPO, but may want to do other things or guard other areas during events, such as DT, to do those things without feeling spread too thin.

I have been wanting something like this for a while, but I didnt think it would ever happen. Some days, I just want to use a blaster, but with the current loadout in royal guard, that is virtually impossible without joining another regiment.

Current Royal Guard Vice Sovereign Sun Tzu

"The Saber Guard Defense Force"

Former: Saber Guard Primus

Playing Star Wars GIF

+ Support
I think this would be great for RG

it would pull in a lot more people to RG

However I do feel that this would hurt other battalions such as purge and other IPO battalions

Current: Nova Vice Commander Country NT02

Former: 69th LTCOL Ken / Shock  Ken / 501st  Ken / IQ Purge Ken / TT Hulk Hogan/ RG Country / Pyke Grub / ST Richard / Nova Blackhole Lead

I may be in the minority here, but as a former RG,

-support

RG characteristically are extremely powerful against enemies up close and deal massive amounts of damage, and have multiple force abilities to make them even stronger. This should be the main appeal to RG.

Even though the weapons you listed aren’t as powerful, and the weapon kit has no lightsaber,  I still believe this massively takes away from other IPO battalions.

In my opinion, RG are SUPPOSED to be weak at long-range, as a whole, due to their amazing close-range combat abilities, which far exceed those of any other regiment. You can decimate elites with ease up close. Calling for help from other IPO units should be normal, it encourages cross-battalion interactions and lets them do what they’re good at, just like how a DT would call for your help if they saw a Jedi. If another battalion is spread too thin to be of assistance then I feel like that’s a genuine RG weakness being capitalized on, which isn’t a bad thing, it just means more strategy will have to be used due to that weakness.

I don’t mean to come off rude in any sort of way, but if you’re in the mood to just use a blaster then just get on a different life with one. As a DT we can’t just switch over to a DT lightsaber class if we’re tired of using our blasters. 

I understand you’re trying to attract people to come join RG, but in my opinion this just definitely isn’t the way to do it. 

Final note: I do wonder if some of the problems that plagued RG when I was in the regiment still persist today. I never had a problem with any of the weaponry, I more than loved that. However in my time there was barely any trainings, sims, or activities that RG did and promotions for those of the CDT or RG ranks barely occurred outside of meetings. Player retention in the battalion can have a LOT of factors, not just loadouts.

Edited by Firekirby

Retired GL Member (R DT CPT DM8)

7 Year Forum Account + Long-Standing GL Supporter

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

2 hours ago, JGAtomic said:

+Support
This would be a great addition, would give RG members more to go for in the battalion

Current: IC HCO SSS MSG 8509 Rusty
Retired: Ω 1LT 3222 Atin Skirata First ever Deputy Hazard SupervisorLast Ever Demo Vice Lead - 501st ARCTRN 1SG Rusty 8509 - SF OFS Warrant Officer Rusty - IC Vice Commander 1140 Fixer Admin Rusty - IC OSLD MAJ 1309 Niner First Ever ISB Junior Operative - Last Agent Gideon Hask IF2 DT V07- DT CPT EL9 - DT SN04 - Shadow Guard VI Scythe -  Shock CPT Rusty                                                             

spacer.png

#BringIFback #InfernoRangers

1 hour ago, Firekirby said:

I still believe this massively takes away from other IPO battalions.

In my opinion, RG are SUPPOSED to be weak at long-range, as a whole, due to their amazing close-range combat abilities, which far exceed those of any other regiment. You can decimate elites with ease up close. Calling for help from other IPO units should be normal, it encourages cross-battalion interactions and lets them do what they’re good at, just like how a DT would call for your help if they saw a Jedi. If another battalion is spread too thin to be of assistance then I feel like that’s a genuine RG weakness being capitalized on, which isn’t a bad thing, it just means more strategy will have to be used due to that weakness.

I don’t mean to come off rude in any sort of way,

+/- support
Would take away from other IPOs jobs

Would bring more people into RG 

CURRENT: Top G         #justiceforTrojan#slideforRacc
ezgif-5-6a7d47b9cc.gif.55b27bb40b576a3d5afd9c6988c3a6ae.gif
ex.DT VCMDR UNO/DT F16/DT M36IF HSL Eet Ptaa IF6NOVA BHSL LTCOL BARD
"We were on the verge of greatness. We were this close to providing peace and security for the galaxy". -Director Orson Callan Krennic

10 hours ago, KLONDU said:

+HUGE MEGA ULTRA SUPPORT

*Agreed with the fact that it may attract more people to donate and play as royal guard. A lot of people donate for the use of a lightsaber but it could add just that extra bit of interest to the job class.

* This would allow for diversified event planning for the regiment. the officers opting to use some of these troopers during events, and as a reward for those in the regiment that are doing well.

*This allows for other regiments that are a part of IPO, but may want to do other things or guard other areas during events, such as DT, to do those things without feeling spread too thin.

I have been wanting something like this for a while, but I didnt think it would ever happen. Some days, I just want to use a blaster, but with the current loadout in royal guard, that is virtually impossible without joining another regiment.

yes

13 hours ago, KLONDU said:

+HUGE MEGA ULTRA SUPPORT

This would be a great addition for RG, it will bring a lot of new people to join RG and looking forward to this new sub-branch being added.

18 hours ago, KLONDU said:

+HUGE MEGA ULTRA SUPPORT

CURRENT: None

Former:
Field Commander

First Ever IQ Branch Senior Commander(in SNRCMDR Program)

First ever No Helmet Second Sister