Maroon's Perma Ban appreal - 12/4/22

Maroon

Steam Name: [GL] Maroon

SteamID: 76561199013684864

Ingame Name: Maroon or Gamma, I'm not sure- it has been a very long time since the ban.

Ban Length: Permanent 

Admin that Banned you: Bop

Reason for Ban: DOX threat

Dispute: I'm not going to go out and play victim here, yes I did it and yes i deserved the ban, I told him that i could but i didn't, that's why it's a threat because i have no clue on how to do that and was really in the moment, I am also bipolar.[I deleted how i said that i didn't say it directly because i forgot that i did, Sorry Nydekore] It has been nearly a year since the perma ban, if not already and I would love to make a return to the server. I also spent a lot of money on SCP-RP, considering that I've played it since the age of 11, which i am 14 now. It really brings nostalgia to me. Just to clarify, I understand why I was banned, I apologized after the incident, I know what I did wrong and it I will never do it again, and to be fair- "it shouldn't have happened in the first place" Is what everyone is going to tell me, or- "You can't justify something so severe" But I need to prove to all of them that it is and almost everyday since the ban i have been itching to get back to the server. I've been seeing all of my friends playing whilst I'm over here banned. I need to play SCP-RP. I'll admit it, Gaminglight is the best, I've been hooked on their servers since the day I saw frisky play it. I love y'all and I feel that I need to be back in on the action. And it's not easy, you can't just restart your career, you have to stick with what you got, and sometimes you have to work past what you got and move on. That's what i'm trying to do- I've been stuck with a Perma ban for a very long time now and am in love with SCP-RP. I understand that I have been given many chances throughout my time on the server, but I ask as one last favor, Please give me one final chance to prove myself. I have grown much older and mature and to the SMT reading this, it will not be a mistake whatsoever to let me back in on the server. So hopefully the SMT[S] who is/are reading this can see past my mistakes and will let me prove to them that I have changed for the better and want to be part of the community once again. I am fine with having a staff restriction, all i need is to play the game. I know that it's part of human nature to want more after they recieved what they wanted, so I know that if this does get accepted and I am given a fresh start [with a staff restriction] that I will go crying about getting appealed, so when that happens just ignore me please. I just want to have fun again and hopefully reunite with some old friends who remember me on the server. I swear on my mother that If i get another ban that I deserved, I will not return to gaminglight whatsoever. As always I love y'all on Gaminglight and y'all have a wonderful day/night.

Regards-[GL] Maroon/Gamma
-Loves the 501st

Edited by Maroon

ARC/ 501st JTL 1LT Maroon 11/7567
TSO JR LT Maroon

IC PVT 7567 Echo
Apprentice V Maroon

+support

everyone deserves second chances!

• Like 1

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

For context: Gamma was a member of research who I found it fit to place on DNP and informed him of such. I do not remember the situation prior to this. He then made dox threats (a response I found to be wildly disproportionate to the 3 day punishment he was placed under) which lead to him saying something along the lines of "I COULD dox you" which, even if he did not directly say he would, definitely implies it, leading to a blacklist from Research and a ban from the Discord and I believe a temporary ban from in game. It seems he was then also caught aimbotting as shown here https://tools.gaminglight.com/profile/76561199013684864.

10 hours ago, Maroon said:

It has been nearly a year since the perma ban

His ban date appears to be 5/23/22, not a year, kinda nitpicky but important to point out.

-Support since he appears to be trying to downplay the situation. I believe he is sorry he got caught, not for his actions.

• Like 1

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

1 hour ago, Nydekore said:

he appears to be trying to downplay the situation. I believe he is sorry he got caught, not for his actions.

I never said that.
I said that I am sorry for my actions and it will never happen again.
In no way was I trying to downplay the situation- I even pointed out how big it is for me to do that, but I believe in second chances and so do others, I have changed for the better, but you want to hold me down from returning after i explained what i did and how it will never happen again, Also that Wallhacks ban is false, I am trying to get in contact with Chineseman to figure it out. I never used wallhacks once in my life, and i dont even know how to get them.

It seems he was then also caught aimbotting as shown here https://tools.gaminglight.com/profile/76561199013684864.

[I am sorry for responding to my own post]

I don't know why it is so difficult to just play a game that i love. 

Everyone takes things for granted until the day they lose them. 
I have tried my hardest to show myself to be better through a screen with words on it, It is do difficult to do
and then when I don't stand up for myself and let others walk all over me I'm seen as a bad guy,
NEVER IN MY LIFE, have i seen so much struggle to correct a mistake.
And I have been the only one to ever have this happen. Nobody else has ever been help back from being in an online garry's community. 
I have been having dreams about the server here and there and then I have someone just nitpick this and that to make me the bad guy once again, until im all out of turns and can never return again. This is my final chance and if this doesnt work, thats so much money and time and effort put to nothing. I feel discriminated. I feel like everyone hates me when they hear about me, because it's others that spread the bad influence. I know what I did and I know how to fix it, but nobody will give me the chance to prove myself to be good.

I have 1,400+ hours on garrys mod and 3-5 weeks of that on GL SCP-RP alone. I just want to play a game, is that too much to ask for?
Anytime someone responds to my subjects saying that I don't mean it, I just want to cry because of how much i do, I do mean it and then everyone quotes them for what they said because they only take the time to say that this guy sounds more believable. How do you know, how do you know if i mean it?
Im going to stop my tracks here.
Everyone reading this please have a wonderful day/ night.

Edited by Maroon

ARC/ 501st JTL 1LT Maroon 11/7567
TSO JR LT Maroon

IC PVT 7567 Echo
Apprentice V Maroon

For context: Gamma was a member of research who I found it fit to place on DNP and informed him of such. I do not remember the situation prior to this. He then made dox threats (a response I found to be wildly disproportionate to the 3 day punishment he was placed under) which lead to him saying something along the lines of "I COULD dox you" which, even if he did not directly say he would, definitely implies it, leading to a blacklist from Research and a ban from the Discord and I believe a temporary ban from in game. It seems he was then also caught aimbotting as shown here https://tools.gaminglight.com/profile/76561199013684864.

His ban date appears to be 5/23/22, not a year, kinda nitpicky but important to point out.

-Support since he appears to be trying to downplay the situation. I believe he is sorry he got caught, not for his actions.

You are wrong. DOXing is cool. 

Also we are still waiting for an SMT to update the aimbot to a permaban (possibly not done because the DOX ban was already perm?). Since that never happened, It brings into question the validity of the ban he received. It's also interesting that he received a total of 3 bans at the same time for 2 reasons, those reasons being aimbotting and threatening to dox. The lack of context given for why this occurred doesn't help sway my opinion towards -support. Since https://tools.gaminglight.com/profile/76561199013684864 is the only ancillary evidence you have brought forward, I am going to have to - support your - support and

genuinely give a +support, pending further evidence.

The threats to dox are tame and I would say his current ban time has been sufficient.

Edited by Rex Velvet

9 hours ago, Rex Velvet said:

+support

threatened to DOX someone

Woefully unhelpful. Please refrain from commenting if you can't be productive.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

23 minutes ago, Piller said:

Woefully unhelpful. Please refrain from commenting if you can't be productive.

What would be helpful is more perspective than has currently been offered. I am also curious to see the evidence (if available) of the aimbot and also get the context for why he received 3 bans simultaneously for 2 separate reasons.

21 minutes ago, Rex Velvet said:

What would be helpful is more perspective than has currently been offered. I am also curious to see the evidence (if available) of the aimbot and also get the context for why he received 3 bans simultaneously for 2 separate reasons.

The ban system occasionally does that due to how ban updates are handled. Additionally, if you will check the one marked as permanent, you will see that it states it was updated on behalf of Chinesman (who issued the original hacking ban)

1 hour ago, Maroon said:

Everyone takes things for granted until the day they lose them. 

This will be my final reply regarding this matter as I don't want to devolve into arguing but this is a bad attitude to have. You did not "lose" what you had, you were banned because of your own actions. This is not a matter of a mishap but instead an action you took. I understand you are young but taking full accountability for what you did, not leaving out severe details (such as hacking on the server), is the route to forgiveness. You can say sorry all you want but that alone doesn't show change when you don't give the full situation. 

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

Just now, Nydekore said:

The ban system occasionally does that due to how ban updates are handled. Additionally, if you will check the one marked as permanent, you will see that it states it was updated on behalf of Chinesman (who issued the original hacking ban)

I'm still curious to know what the proof was regarding aimbot. I can see why the evidence may not be available since this happened awhile ago, but all the same it would be helpful, even it was just an elaboration. I also have seen, and iterated such in an above post, that the ban for threatening to DOX was permanent.

I do recall giving the ban and warn for doxxing HCMD how ever i don't recall why i put the ban as aimbot or wallhacks since i always follow the report on what the player do and at that moment it will be the threats of Doxxing high command and hope SMT can fix my little mistake that i did on months ago.
image.thumb.png.77c970df62a4e6b9973a29751feb32f4.png
image.thumb.png.1bfa95993beb02d73b7c1580987ccb70.pngScreenshots of the moment that we receive the report of Gamma Doxxing High Command.
image.thumb.png.506aa632bbcf2702fe1e2185d9d7d8b2.png Screenshot of the multiple branch that he got blacklisted on.

CURRENT RANKS SCPRP: None
Retired E-11 COL and EX GENSEC MAJ

CHAD WITH GOLDENPAN612494147_jaydenaskingforHBOXD.png.8244c394c19aa3dc39251ae1e63c7ae2.png

18 minutes ago, Rex Velvet said:

I'm still curious to know what the proof was regarding aimbot. I can see why the evidence may not be available since this happened awhile ago, but all the same it would be helpful, even it was just an elaboration. I also have seen, and iterated such in an above post, that the ban for threatening to DOX was permanent.

Stop arguing on this post. Further arguing may result in a warn.

Upon review of this, I do not feel that sufficient time has passed to warrant a removal of the ban. I would recommend playing on one of our other servers and showing the greater community that you have in fact changed for the better.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT