make diamond mineable underground in d-block [Completed]

jsk.

What are you suggesting? - getting to the surface in general is a large pain unless you have ci raid that goes through well and a large scale d-class riot; just today i got to the surface only to get shot while a being a few feet away from the diamond mines and that's when I realized "wow the surface mining system is actually god awful i cant even walk to the mines without some one camping" so i purpose this: make it so diamonds are able to be mined in d-block mines in small amounts with only 1 rock being available.

How would this change better the server? - it would make it so newer players and d-class wouldn't have to spend hours trying to get to surface just to get one resource. it would give players another ore to mine to gain more cash and would overall just be better for every player.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - the only disadvantage this would put people at is security would have to deal with longer ranged weapons like the winchester. other than that the other weapons that are made craftable are not important 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - d-class, newer players who cant get to the surface, and people who have higher level picks who want to get more money.

part i added: what recipes would this open up? - this would make the winchester, health vials, sten, raging bull, semi auto pistol, python, m92, and custom smg, all craftable to dclass. now some people will argue that this is way to many new item options but i refute that by saying that the semi auto pistol, python, m92, and custom smg could all already be bought from supplier so in practice this would not change much other than giving d-class healing and long range options which could be a problem in some scenarios if there is no sniper but if that becomes are large problem i would recommend that they change bot the winchester and raging bull recipes to both use 30 wood to prevent the abuse of long range weapons.

6 minutes ago, jsk. said:

the semi auto pistol, python, m92, and custom smg could all already be bought from supplier so in practice this would not change much 

CORRECTION: the semi-auto pistol is not purchasable via supplier i mistook the HK for the semi auto pistol but this still leaves are decent amount of already buyable items being now craftable instead

+Support New players getting to the surface that just want to mine getting killed because they just happened to pass by E-11 base while going to diamond mines seems like quite the annoyance and would probably discourage escape gameplay other than for the CI training or XP.

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

Former SCP-RP Staff, Event Team, Teamspeak Support Member

Current Riot Trooper Officer, Stormtrooper Sergeant First Class - ImperialRP

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 6:05 PM, Dr. Ternith Plague said:

+Support New players getting to the surface that just want to mine getting killed because they just happened to pass by E-11 base while going to diamond mines seems like quite the annoyance and would probably discourage escape gameplay other than for the CI training or XP.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

In Progress!

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

Completed!

This suggestion is now in the server

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||