Gabagool's Ban Appeal

Gabagoolgaming

Steam Name:  Gabagoolgaming

Ingame Name: GabaGoo

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:625752811

Ban Length: 7 days 

Admin that Banned you: mtf- e11 vice commander 

Reason for Ban: Homophobia 

Dispute: The only dispute I have is I did not commit Homophobia or I didn't know I was committing Homophobia because I did not know the person was gay. If he was I apologize and I mean you know ill will, I just thought on the spot. yes I said the F-word and I said it to someone (Marathan) and I am completely sorry. The conversation started when I said this nlr is gay. Some guy said so are you, I said Shut up F-word. I'm deeply sorry if I offended anybody and would like to be unbanned ASAP or atleast have a ban reduction. I'm no homophobia and I stand against the fringe gmod players who flood the servers every so often. I apologize to the staff team and I apologize again to the person I offended. Please take no harm in what I said because it was clearly reactionary and I was not thinking before I speak. I didn't look at the rules on the forums like I should have before playing this server. Which is a shame because I've grown to like it over the only couple of hours I've been playing. Please give me another chance, I promise it will never happen again nor will I say any derogatory that will get me punished accordingly. 

1 hour ago, Gabagoolgaming said:

F-word

which? the one that starts with FA or the one that starts with FU?

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

17 minutes ago, Gabagoolgaming said:

FA, And I was never got brought to a sit either smh.

zamn no shit you got banned for homophobia lmao cant just say that without someone being offended

(yes i do hate it but what can you really do)

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

- Support

Whether the person banning/being offended was gay or not, it's still not okay and is against the harassment/disrespect rule. It's commonly taken in insulting contexts for things like that. Just wait out the time.

• Like 1

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

Former SCP-RP Staff, Event Team, Teamspeak Support Member

Current Riot Trooper Officer, Stormtrooper Sergeant First Class - ImperialRP

12 minutes ago, Gabagoolgaming said:

I didn't know the person was gay so how could I have commited Homophobia?

On many gmod communities racism, homophobia, transphobia etc are not like the definition. You don't actually have to go out and say "I hate gay people" for it to be considered homophobic. Just the mere mention of anything that is commonly associated with anti-[insert lifestyle] vocabulary.

Tldr: derogatory slurs attributed to a certain way of life/thinking/sex or in this case your usage of the F slur would be considered homophobia unlike the textbook definition.

Controversial +Support 

I understand what happened here personally, like I play alot of Mil Sims and shit and saying stuff like the nword and such isn't really looked down upon but here it is different. Me personally I don't associate the f slur as a direct link to someone being homophobic same as I dont associate saying "retard" (trying not to be vague) or other things with ableism.  

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

2 minutes ago, Dr. Ternith Plague said:

- Support

Whether the person banning/being offended was gay or not, it's still not okay and is against the harassment/disrespect rule. It's commonly taken in insulting contexts for things like that. Just wait out the time.

But they called me gay why aren't they banned?

7 minutes ago, Gabagoolgaming said:

But they called me gay why aren't they banned?

From the context, it seemed to be in a sort of 'friendly manner' and not an outright insult. Lets stop the conversation here so we don't clog up the appeal.

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

Former SCP-RP Staff, Event Team, Teamspeak Support Member

Current Riot Trooper Officer, Stormtrooper Sergeant First Class - ImperialRP

6 hours ago, Dr. Ternith Plague said:

From the context, it seemed to be in a sort of 'friendly manner' and not an outright insult. Lets stop the conversation here so we don't clog up the appeal.

Yall already did tho XD

- Support 

I already have been banned before for typing the N word on chat but i meant Bigger and replaced the B with an N which are close to eachother, after explaining to SMT they seen that i didnt meant to say the N word but i still had to wait a week before being unbanned, mistakes happen but breaking community rules have consequences even ifs a accident.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to appeal this. However, due to the large influx of traffic, and thus sits, that we receive, we employ a blanket rule for this kind of stuff. It would become quite messy if we partially allowed for it.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT