Kloundu - Admin Report- Accepted

JackForPrez

Questions

1. Your In-game: JackForPrez

2. Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:507145431

3. The admin's name in-game: Kloundu

4. The admin's steam name (If you know it): STEAM_0:1:497585588

5. What did the admin do: Gagged Someone for Speaking German and didn't explain why he was muted. So the Guy was German but he knew English (not as well as German). The ST in question spoke German as his first language and asked Kloundu "Sprichst du Deutsch" (Do you Speak German, Spelling from Google translate I understand it I don't speak it). He was muted for this without being told why. Even though there are other staff on Understand German and Speak it, @Rezzem and speaks it and I can understand it and speak some. He also stated that you had to speak to English to be on the server and was overall rude about the Situation. When contested by @Master Chief and myself he states things like "It's a rule" and "I was told by higher staff". To conclude this isn't the first scuffle I've had with this player and I'm sure it will not be the last but I feel as if we assume that everyone who speaks German is a Minge then what's the point of being staff?

6. Evidence of the abusive action(s) (REQUIRED):

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/JXVTdqZhK3JUm/d1337zWnJ7oN?invite=cr-MSxkaTksODI2ODQxMzks

7. What do you believe should happen to the admin:
Honestly, I don't know I just want to make sure this never happens again

Ich warte auf Ihre Antwort Kloundu

I'm waiting for your reply @KLONDU

image.png

spacer.png

+Support

Extremely Toxic
Yes It Is An English Speak Server But That Doesn't mean you should mute them and not tell them why.

| Super Admin | Senior Forums Diplomat Support Advisor |
| Chaos Insurgency Staff Sergeant | Epsilon-11 Warrant Officer | 
CC Owned: | 47th Clan | Talon | Darth Jar Jar | Banshee Squadron | Door Technicians | CI Banshee Unit

28 minutes ago, GaIaxy said:

+Support

Extremely Toxic
Yes It Is An English Speak Server But That Doesn't mean you should mute them and not tell them why.

No one should be gettin gagged or muted for speaking another language.  Its sad to see someone join as a new player and be gagged for speaking a language which may be their first. 

+support

+supporting because I think the way Klondu went about this is wrong, no reason to instantly mute or be rude like this to other players. I also think enforcing a rule that’s not stated in the motd is not the wisest decision, to say the least…also curious as to what higher-up told Klondu this (if any), for context’s sake. In my opinion, demotion is in order.

In Klondu’s slightest defense, I feel that having to speak English as an unspoken rule makes actual, rational sense. If someone comes on the server and starts saying awful things in a language no one can understand, how would the moderation team be able to enforce such a situation? Food for thought. 

Retired GL Member (R DT CPT DM8)

7 Year Forum Account + Long-Standing GL Supporter

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

2 hours ago, Rivian Galaxy said:

+Support

Extremely Toxic

CURRENT: None

Former:
Field Commander

First Ever IQ Branch Senior Commander(in SNRCMDR Program)

First ever No Helmet Second Sister 

+Support there was a lack of communication with the member that was muted and no explanation given as to why he was muted until he made a ticket when he should have been brought up to the ISD prior by the Staff and spoken to about the situation however he committed no crime all that was said was  him asking if the other Germans that were speaking in the game if they spoke German in ooc chat and then was gagged.
When I spoke to the person who was gagged he was extremely nice and understanding and was helping others in the server learn German words I think this could have been handled differently and while it is an English server we shouldn't be excluding or alienating anyone as we are a welcoming place, Communication is Key.

Edited by Rezzem

Current: High General | IMPRP-Lead Admin | Head Gamemaster
Previous: Shock Commander | Pyke Senior Commander

I dont remember who told me this, But it was when I was a T-mod. They told me that it was an english only server, and that you werent allowed to speak any other language.

In this particular circumstance, I had pulled these 3 ST's earlier into a sit because they had blatantly RDM'd me. They began screaming at me in German after I explained the warn that I was giving them for the RDM. At that time, I asked them politely to please speak English, as GL is an English server. They apologized and acknowledged the request. later on, when they started randomly screaming in German in OOC, I was confused because as stated before they had acknowledged my request and seemed to be only doing it to minge. I could not read it, and half the server could not read it. That was why they were muted. 

After the mute, I immediately jumped into OOC to explain why. I told them that they had been warned about speaking German, and that they were muted as a result. This seems to be completely ignored by both Jack and this report. When Jack pulled me to the Admin sit, I explained that I had been told about this before, and I also explained the reason for the mute to jack and the player, and telling jack to handle the situation as he saw fit, and then requesting to be sent back, as I was acting in an event.

It was not my intent to be discriminatory here. I simply was acting in a way that I saw best for the server, since most people, apart from the few mentioned in the post, would have no idea what these players were saying.

@JackForPrez

Edited by KLONDU
added tagged people

Current Royal Guard Vice Sovereign Sun Tzu

"The Saber Guard Defense Force"

Former: Saber Guard Primus

Playing Star Wars GIF

4 hours ago, JackForPrez said:

The ST in question spoke German as his first language and asked Kloundu "Sprichst du Deutsch" (Do you Speak German, Spelling from Google translate I understand it I don't speak it)

As someone who has taken three years of German Classes, I can confirm that is that this means.

+ Support

This is unacceptable behavior. I have been staff since 5/24/21 and never once have I ever seen that this is a rule of any kind. People are free to speak whatever language they want. He should have listened to the Senior Admin (Master Chief). Talking in German OOC is not cause for a mute.

This is yet another in a long string of reports/appeals relating to him, and as much as it pains me to say, he might not be fit to be an Administrator yet.

| RETIRED GENERAL OF THE IMPERIAL ARMY |
| FIRST EVER IMPERIAL GOVERNOR || Former 501st "Vader's Fist" Legion Commander || Former Senior Commander || Former SF Crimson || Former IF Agent Lone Six |
| Former Imperial RP Senior Administrator || Former Senior Forums Diplomat || Former Imperial RP Gamemaster VII || Retired 501st VCMDR |
season 1 duel of the droids GIF by Star Wars

35 minutes ago, Theta said:

As someone who has taken three years of German Classes, I can confirm that is that this means.

+ Support

This is unacceptable behavior. I have been staff since 5/24/21 and never once have I ever seen that this is a rule of any kind. People are free to speak whatever language they want. He should have listened to the Senior Admin (Master Chief). Talking in German OOC is not cause for a mute.

This is yet another in a long string of reports/appeals relating to him, and as much as it pains me to say, he might not be fit to be an Administrator yet.

I agree Instead of listening to people who are higher up then you in staff and admit you was wrong. You sit there and argue with them. This has happened time and time again. Instead of stepping back and learning from your mistakes and listening to people who have more experience then you. You choose to ignore that and keep making the same mistakes over and over again. I feel like if you refuse to learn from your mistakes and understand were you are wrong. You will not only lose you rank in staff (and I hope it does not come to that) but you will also run some people off.  

Former Grand Admiral| Former Shock Vice Commander| Former F16

Why should we force and punish people who don’t know any better? While this server is primarily english and that’s what we all use to communicate, we shouldn’t silence those who aren’t aware or don’t speak english. I don’t think the “I was told by higher staff” argument has any stand anywhere. Most — if not everything — is written down and documented somewhere.

+support.

i am always correct and will always be better than you

#JusticeForTrojan #SlideForRacc #:3

Former: Imperial High Command | Deathtrooper Senior CommanderSenior Admin | Senior Forum Diplomat | Support Member

7 hours ago, KLONDU said:

I dont remember who told me this, But it was when I was a T-mod. They told me that it was an english only server, and that you werent allowed to speak any other language.

In this particular circumstance, I had pulled these 3 ST's earlier into a sit because they had blatantly RDM'd me. They began screaming at me in German after I explained the warn that I was giving them for the RDM. At that time, I asked them politely to please speak English, as GL is an English server. They apologized and acknowledged the request. later on, when they started randomly screaming in German in OOC, I was confused because as stated before they had acknowledged my request and seemed to be only doing it to minge. I could not read it, and half the server could not read it. That was why they were muted. 

After the mute, I immediately jumped into OOC to explain why. I told them that they had been warned about speaking German, and that they were muted as a result. This seems to be completely ignored by both Jack and this report. When Jack pulled me to the Admin sit, I explained that I had been told about this before, and I also explained the reason for the mute to jack and the player, and telling jack to handle the situation as he saw fit, and then requesting to be sent back, as I was acting in an event.

It was not my intent to be discriminatory here. I simply was acting in a way that I saw best for the server, since most people, apart from the few mentioned in the post, would have no idea what these players were saying.

@JackForPrez

I don't have the mental fortitude to go about the last time a report came up so here's the bullet points.

• you warned three brand new STs; I don't know how many *expletive* times Staff has talked about not warning people whom are brand new and instead guiding them towards the MOTD and just being overall personable when dealing with things

• unsurprisingly, the three new STs, whom now have a formal warning (as per what I quoted from you) within hours of joining the server because they killed you, are kinda peeved and started going against your wishes; had you handled things differently we probably wouldn't be here

• you stated that they were screaming German in OOC when in fact they were just typing normally, maybe with exclamation points I don't remember, but I didn't see any all-caps messages when it all was going down

• your de facto and assumptive reasoning is that they were "minging;" I actually was in a sit with someone because they had referred to Death Troopers in a negative way that needed to be addressed and wouldn't you believe it Joker (who took the ticket) was able to speak with them and explain both sides without any incident

• I saw your message in OOC and I got the vibe of 1984, do what you're told or you will not be (more or less)

• you were supposed to be focused on acting instead of dealing with those speaking German in OOC which you could have asked any admin to do....speaking of which, let's take a look at those you warned.......alright........

image.thumb.png.902f2de72f536b2ea6b8fb1b5f4c1504.png

THEY WERE BRAND NEW PEOPLE AND JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE SHOOTING AT YOU AND INSTEAD OF MAKING A TICKET TO ALLOW SOMEONE ELSE TO HANDLE IT YOU............I'm done.

Here's all their profiles:

image.thumb.png.fae11bb4cd5bdd7f1ddf8deb05b0feed.png

image.thumb.png.177e5cba3309d2a96351baad3d344892.png

image.thumb.png.c35c0cd58813c7d86213f055c7f71652.png

+MASSIVE SUPPORT

If you thought they were saying something bad, you could have gone to Google Translate and thrown it in.

You didn't.

You could have asked other Staff to help or put up a ticket for another Staff member to take because handling sits involving yourself is against policy.

You didn't.

You could have asked to pull Joker to get some insight or asked if anyone knew German to better understand what was going on.

You didn't.

You had ample opportunities to ask instead of just do.

You didn't.

This is not the first time that your behavior and conduct within Staff has been in question and countless times you've not performed your due diligence in the execution of your duties as a member of Staff, thus I cannot advocate more for your removal from Staff.

• Like 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

Retired Head Admin | R DT 1LT II7
Master Chief Game GIF by Halo

13 hours ago, Rivian Galaxy said:

+Support

Extremely Toxic

Ok just to start off with I’m going to be neutral on this post. However this post is wrong as I heard and saw Klondu tell them “This is an English server” and many other people including myself told them it’s an English server and that they could probably get in trouble or such (muted/ gagged) for speaking/ typing in German as only because it’s an English server. They were told many times not by only staff but by other players that they re getting muted and gagged because they are typing and speaking German in an English only server.

Currently: PoliceRP Super Admin / JMT, Senior Forum Diplomat, PD MAJ 1L93, EMS Chief Car 1, FBI AD RA13, HRT CPT LC2, SRT MAJ 1X33, SL Underboss (Co-Leader)

Ex ImperialRP: Super Admin / JMT and Senior Forum Diplomat, DT VCMDR RU8/ TI-23 L21, 69th/ MC VCMDR and first ever ParaRescue Lead Marshal and last Rescue Squadron Marshal, Lord I, Purge CPL, IC CSVL SSS DME 2LT Maroon, Shock SPC/ SGT/ MSGT, K2S8 SK385, Pyke Muscle II JSR RussTime

DMs are always open (russtime)

12 hours ago, Theta said:

+ Support

To add on, if we continue down this path it could possibly turn into something even racist. Which isn't what we want. Also another thing I wanna point out is the fact that you shouldn't just call them out in OOC which is public embarrassment. 

12 hours ago, KLONDU said:

Edited by Kio

RETIRED

30 Second Darth Vader Kio

Stepped down General Kio |  Retired Dupe Builder for Army/Navy High Command | Last Ever Nova Senior Commander | Retired Assistant Head GameMaster | Admin | ST Vice Commander Revenant

Bleach Bankai GIF