General Suggestion- Automatic warn system for F and N Slurs and super racist and homophobic words - Denied

PabloProo123

What are you suggesting? - an system that can warn people for speaking/typing N slurs, F Slurs and other words that are extremly rasicist and homophobic, or like that they get muted/ gagged in game auto depending if they wrote or said it,

How would this change better the server? - Well, it would make it so that people whom are saying some things get warned

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - might be hard to get in game,

Who would this change mostly benefit? - mostly all players, cause it will make it so that people can't say or type any homophobic slurs as the F slur and the N slur,

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Current: |{Clan} U.I.U Junor Agent|Lead Researcher| 

Former/Retired: Research Assistant Manager-SCP-RP: Senior Moderator 

4 minutes ago, Trizium said:

- Support, Imagine you say a word that sounds slightly familiar to a slur and get banned for no reason. 

My exact thought and then you would have to go thru a whole thing of them saying do you have proof that you didn't say this word blah blah blah would be a shit show

If you mean that they’d get a warning on top of the automatic ban received for typing slurs, I’d agree with that. Voice moderation, however, is unlikely and would require constant moderation of everyone’s voice input which sounds like a nightmare knowing GMOD.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

There is no way to have a auto detect voice warn system that will not expensive, cause problems, or misused.

The fact people get auto banned for typing certain words in chat can still get people randomly banned if they type a word that is to close to a slur and exc.

Also people who copy and paste a name of someone with a slur and then get banned for it happens more frequently than you might think.

-Support

-Support

While I can understand why you made this suggestion as those types of slurs are extremely distasteful and immature, I do agree with Triz and Hex, the risk is just too high that it might mistake a word as a racist or homophobic slur and people may end up getting falsely warned or banned.

Former Head Admin of another Gmod Server from 2016-2019 and Certified Storm Spotter

-support 

Theres enough microphones in my home

• Laughing 1

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

5 hours ago, wXc GameHunter said:

-Support

kanye west GIF

TPWFCBRAP.thumb.jpg.36f75997dac4a943173c9bdda4491006.jpg

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

Denied. The SCP-RP SMT has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT