Forums Store Gifts- Denied

protonous

Post name: Gifts from the store

What are you suggesting? - You can gift anything from the store to someone else in the server! i can gift to my friend bronze because he cant afford it or can't buy it! and what if i wan't to surprise my friend with a gift for christmas or his birth day! wouldn't that be great and better? I would love this to be added in the store!

+Support

This seems like something for the Website Infrastructure forum, however, in the past you could gift ranks and all that, so I don't see why you can't now.

• Gaminglight Love 1

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

Former SCP-RP Staff, Event Team, Teamspeak Support Member

Current Riot Trooper Officer, Stormtrooper Sergeant First Class - ImperialRP

+support if original issue is fixable

The reason it was taken away is because people where abusing the system by gifting SMT and JMT Bronze and making it so that they couldn't do there jobs until they got there ranks back at least that's what I was told but I do think if they could fix that in some way that it would be a great thing to add back

• Gaminglight Love 1

11 hours ago, g2 said:

Post name: Gifts from the store

What are you suggesting? - You can gift anything from the store to someone else in the server! i can gift to my friend bronze because he cant afford it or can't buy it! and what if i wan't to surprise my friend with a gift for christmas or his birth day! wouldn't that be great and better? I would love this to be added in the store!

*snorts* sir you arent following the format 🤓 anyways +support

they could add a JMT, SMT & Owner roll to the store and make it so they cant be gifted but they can gift. 

• Gaminglight Love 1

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

3 hours ago, Tazza said:

*snorts* sir you arent following the format 🤓 anyways +support

they could add a JMT, SMT & Owner roll to the store and make it so they cant be gifted but they can gift. 

oh hell yeah, awsome idea, hope no body gives me bronze ( got gold rank )

Current: |{Clan} U.I.U Junor Agent|Lead Researcher| 

Former/Retired: Research Assistant Manager-SCP-RP: Senior Moderator 

4 hours ago, drago89115 said:

+support if original issue is fixable

The reason it was taken away is because people where abusing the system by gifting SMT and JMT Bronze and making it so that they couldn't do there jobs until they got there ranks back at least that's what I was told but I do think if they could fix that in some way that it would be a great thing to add back

Might be able to make people have to accept the gift like steam does 

Retired_Signature.png?ex=6622666c&is=662

On 11/23/2022 at 9:48 AM, drago89115 said:

Wasn't really the "main issue", bigger issue was when the person that gifted a rank or any donation item to someone else and then later chargedback the credits with which the gift was made.
Someone could say "Oh well SMT can just go to that person's profile and remove the gifted item", just a waste of time tbh. As others have said it's way better and safer to just paypal someone the money if you really wanna be generous. Pretty sure Zeeptin has said many times gifting won't see a comeback.

Edited by Cosmic

EX Head Of Staff SCP-RP | CI will forever be in my heart. 1/15/21 - 8/1/22 (CI CMDR Cosmic ITLY)

+support

It may be easier to just gift credit purchases since there is no discount on them but I do like the idea of gifting

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

Just now, Banna-Bred said:

+/-

If you have lets say plat or diamond and someone gifts you bronze, you lose a fuck ton of stuff, and your current ULX rank get overwritten 

I'd say do what was recommended earlier, and either deny/accept gifts or gift credits. Still +supporting but for a different reason listed here.

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

Former SCP-RP Staff, Event Team, Teamspeak Support Member

Current Riot Trooper Officer, Stormtrooper Sergeant First Class - ImperialRP

On 11/25/2022 at 1:53 PM, Cosmic said:

Wasn't really the "main issue", bigger issue was when the person that gifted a rank or any donation item to someone else and then later chargedback the credits with which the gift was made.
Someone could say "Oh well SMT can just go to that person's profile and remove the gifted item", just a waste of time tbh. As others have said it's way better and safer to just paypal someone the money if you really wanna be generous. Pretty sure Zeeptin has said many times gifting won't see a comeback.

- support 

As stated here by Cosmic 

SCP/Medical Senior-Command/Manager/Head of Field Work 

• Head Admin
On 11/23/2022 at 4:29 PM, Masterson said:

+Support

Wonder with our new custom store we have this problem could be fixable. If so absolutely!

PoliceRP I Head Admin I PD: Colonel I Retired SWAT Commander Deputy Sheriff 

ImperialRP I Retired Grand Inquisitor 47th Battalion I Chimaera Legion I

On 11/23/2022 at 1:29 PM, Masterson said:

+Support

Wonder with our new custom store we have this problem could be fixable. If so absolutely!

| Imperial Governor of Lothal and Tatooine |

"If you don’t take risks, you can’t create a future." - Monkey D. Luffy

• 2 months later...

Denied

First of all, I would like to thank you for your suggestion! Our community truly runs off of suggestions and it is much appreciated. For the reasons stated above this suggestion has been denied because we do not believe that it will benefit the community or can have foreseeable related issues. 

Lead Account Manager

Backend Operations | Custom  Jobs | Proud Member since 2017