General Suggestions - Remove Custom Classes & Clans - Denied

Dr. Zitterman

What are you suggesting? - Having purchased one of these and gone through the experience myself, I can safely say it is just not worth it. Most people just get angry over the insane prices (which aren't actually bad and make sense when you consider the size of the server and the GL community), the staff I see handling it on the forum are good staff member, but to put it simply, they aren't Customer Support Reps, and not all of them are even old enough to have a job. There's a reason a lot of companies have a dedicated Customer Support branch.

How would this benefit the server? - I'm sure the first reaction in the short-term is overwhelmingly negative. Players will screech about their custom classes, which is why I would also recommend leaving in the ones already bought and paid for, and whine about now not being able to get one. Staff will probably cock their eyebrows a little since the high price of customs seem to be one of the big contributors to the server's funds, from what I can tell at least. (Keep in mind, I am not claiming to know that much, just observation and personal experience.) But really think about how many headaches this will save staff AND players. Players don't have to bankrupt themselves after already purchasing a custom and wanting to fill it out, or bite off a staff member's head because they didn't expect it to be that much. Staff don't have to spend time making these classes and playing mediator for an angry player only to have to go and speak to Zep in a call on the TS. I realize the financial incentive is there, but in terms of saving public face, time, and hassle, I think they all outweigh that especially since more steady players usually get at least one tier of VIP.

TL;DR - It would help with players that unfairly go at staff for prices, save staff time in making them, and remove a lot of ultimately unnecessary stress on staff and players in the long run.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - As I previously mentioned, the initial kneejerk reaction will likely be to throw tantrums, assume their class is getting removed entirely rather than stopping the production of more, and a fear that the server needs them to continue sustaining itself financially, but I believe I've also addressed them in the benefits as well and how those outweigh it along with simple time needing to pass for people to calm down.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Staff in my opinion, but everyone as a whole would benefit in my opinion. There's less screeching of pay to win, less headaches for both sides, and less need for GMod server staff to play CSR on the forums.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Edited by The Scunt
  • Heart-Eyes 1
  • Skull 2

Proficient Technical Researcher Dr. Jake Zitterman | Agent Banksy IN-1

FBI OPEN UP!

Unusual Incidents Unit Director Stan Smith

Signature.png.6138a51810f0715023e52f95386e6a46.png

- support | If a member is going at snar for the prices, that is a character flaw. Chances are if someone has a question about a price in regards to custom classes, they can find an answer in the pinned format post, in a previous post, or simply ask as a last resort.

- support | If someone is going to spend money when they realistically cant afford it that is poor financial management on their part.

- support | If a character model model is requested to be added, clarify if it counts as out of RP or not before paying if you are only willing to pay the price for changing a model so as to avoid any needless headache.

+ support | since it is P2W, removing it would def lower the number of ppl complaining

-support

the ONLY thing I think we should ever touch on custom classes is maybe, MAYBE not allowing new models on the server and having to pick from ones already here.

CC’s are a great, (if pricey) way to express yourself, have friends play on an exclusive job, and support the server you like playing on. 

30 minutes ago, PlantBruh said:

-support

the ONLY thing I think we should ever touch on custom classes is maybe, MAYBE not allowing new models on the server and having to pick from ones already here.

CC’s are a great, (if pricey) way to express yourself, have friends play on an exclusive job, and support the server you like playing on. 

CURRENT RANKS SCPRP: None
Retired E-11 COL and EX GENSEC MAJ

CHAD WITH GOLDENPAN612494147_jaydenaskingforHBOXD.png.8244c394c19aa3dc39251ae1e63c7ae2.png

Denied

I would like to start off by stating that the hassle you describe in this post simply does not exist. Our custom class and clan system has been in place basically since the inception of Gaminglight itself, and has been a major contributor in both our revenue and our ongoing efforts to allow players a chance to have some exclusive content added for themselves and friends. Not only is the entirety of the custom class system detailed out in our custom class formats, but our community has grown and adapted, meaning many of our players and donators possess the knowledge necessary to assist new buyers in making their classes.

12 hours ago, The Scunt said:

TL;DR - It would help with players that unfairly go at staff for prices, save staff time in making them, and remove a lot of ultimately unnecessary stress on staff and players in the long run.

Players going at "staff" for prices is not a major issue that we face, as stated above, we have taken tons of time to optimize the cc formats in order to make them simple and easy to understand for anyone, as when a consumer is going to spend money, we as a company must ensure that that same consumer understands exactly what they are purchasing. We aren't holding a gun to our consumers head and stating that they have to buy this addition, or that model, but simply provide the prices and tools necessary to allow our donators to pick and choose exactly what they wish to add on to their classes at anytime. 

I can also assure you that I don't need any "time saved". Custom classes among other things within this community are completely run by myself, and fortunately for our donators, completing custom classes and engaging with the community is something that I actually enjoy doing every day. There is no astronomical levels of stress or anxiety placed on our staff team or playerbase because frankly nobody else is involved heavily in the custom job creation process other than myself and Zeeptins input.

12 hours ago, The Scunt said:

Having purchased one of these and gone through the experience myself, I can safely say it is just not worth it

This is 100% your opinion, and you are allowed to have it, however I feel as if this post is a subtle attempt at convincing the community to cease buying something that they enjoy purchasing for themselves and their friends. As stated above, the prices are there and they will continue to be there until the eventual closing of the Gaminglight brand, which won't be anytime soon. This concern is something that almost every company that sells a product faces from their consumer, for example, companies like Apple face criticism every year from consumers stating how unfair their products pricing structure is, but you never see apple stripping their IPhones or Macs from shelves because some consumers prefer to pay less for other products. It is the same sort of mentality here, where our consumers are allowed to spend their money on anything they wish on our store, but if you don't like it or you feel our prices our unfair, Gaminglight has always been a community where you can join and play completely without spending a penny.

I hope this response sheds some light on our company view when it comes to this. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to me on discord or the forums

• Gaminglight Love 2

Lead Account Manager

Backend Operations | Custom  Jobs | Proud Member since 2017

Denied. The SCP-RP SMT has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||