Mean's - Senior Moderator Application- Accepted

mean

Should Mean be a senior moderator?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mean be a senior moderator?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

What is your in-game name?:

Mean

What is your steam name?:

[GL] Mean

What is your steam ID?:

STEAM_0:1:638987304

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667):

m.#7322

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain)

Yes , I was staff on a previous popular SCP-RP server

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly)

3 months ago

What date did you make your forums account?

August 8

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc)

Silver / Moderator

Are you a staff member in another community?

No

Have you read the staff handbook?

Yes

Timezone:

GMT

What rank are you applying for?

Senior Moderator

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

I believe I deserve Senior moderator due to me being quite active on the staff and on the server as well! I am generally on the server during lower player pop times and higher pop times as well. I am always taking sits whenever I am on the server and I am capable of handling all types of sits which I am required to handle , I also feel like if I am to become a senior moderator I would be able to contribute to the community better as if no Senior Moderator+ are online at lower population times and a player which needs to be banned will be on the server and not much can be done other than being jailed , If I was chosen to become a senior moderator I would be able to dealt with such cases and will be able to help other staff members more as TM's can shadow me and learn how to take sits. however even as a moderator I help all staff members when it is asked of me!

Scenario questions:

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

Firstly , I would bring him into a sit room and then freeze him to stop him from attempting to RDM me or any other staff members with me after that I would ask the reason for him MRDM and gather his side of the story however due to him cursing / being toxic towards me I would gag and mute the player as he may say something in VC / chat which may be severely toxic.  I would then check his warnings and finally hand out the appropriate punishment for MRDM and Staff diss.

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?

Firstly , I would bring the player and the person who reported him into a sit room , I would then ask for proof / a clip of the player abusing the known bug , after this has been done and I've received the appropriate evidence I would then ask for the player who has abused the bug , I would then ask for his side of the story. After checking out his story I would then see his warns and if he has multiple warns for bug abusing I would then punish him for the appropriate amount of time through a ban however if he doesn't have any prior warns of this offence and is a low level  [-15] I would give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a warn / verbal depending on the situation then send him back.

Edited by mean

Current : SEC JFTO 2LT Mean WD Tessarius Flavia MAGI

Former RND HFTO ARCH Mean / V1 Griffith I / CI 2LT Mean  / E-11 DoCE MSGT Mean / RRH Analyst X ray 23 D5 DHFTO 2LT Mean MTF G9 Jötunn GD4 

4 minutes ago, K I W I said:

+Support
Mean is a great fit for staff and would surely help out more if they were Senior Mod

Current: |{Clan} U.I.U Junor Agent|Lead Researcher| 

Former/Retired: Research Assistant Manager-SCP-RP: Senior Moderator 

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT