Map Idea: Turbolaser Room [Denied]

Mayluron

Map Idea: Turbolaser Room  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Is this suggestion a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

What would you like to see: I would like to see something done/changed with the ladder system in the turbolaser room. I find it annoying getting up and down the ladders in the trubolaser room trying to get to and from the Sim Room. I don't know what you could change it to, maybe something like a flight of stairs, or maybe a ramp that branches off the sides of the catwalk in the center of the room. But I feel that something needs to be changed so that the transitions between the sim room and other parts of the ISD are easier and more efficient.

How would it help the server and/or the player base: I believe there are three ways in which it could help the server. One; It would make it easier, smoother, and more efficient with a flight of stairs or ramps branching off the middle catwalk in the center of the room. Especially with patrols as you wouldn't have to jump off of the bridge and take unnecassary damage every time you wanted/needed to go down into the sim room. Two; It would make it so that you wouldn't have to take fall damage jumping over and off the railing from where you enter, I have also seen people just jump off of that center catwalk still taking fall damage. Another bonus, you wouldn't have to make this weird parkour jump onto the middle section and then again down onto the main floor with the sim room to avoid fall damage, making yourself look unprofessional in the process. Three; You wouldn't have to make yourself look unprofessional in taking unnecassary damage or making that weird jump as described in the previous way. It would also eliminate getting stuck on the center catwalk and slowing you down while enroute to your destination. I for one get caught on that stupid catwalk going up the ladders every single time and I for one find it mildly infuriorating. This is because you slow yourself down from your group, if traveling with one, and possibly making yourself late to a destination you might have to go to. And I fully believe it would help make transitioning between other parts of the ISD and the sim room much more efficfient and easier. Another plus, it would also eliminate getting your character stuck on that stupid catwalk in the center of the turbolaser room. Which again I find mildly infuriorating, especially when that catwalk pushes your character off to the side making you fall, and again take unnecassary damage, slowing you down even more.

Do you think this suggestion will help the server as a whole: Yes, I fully believe that this would help the server as a whole. Especially with helping people transition between the sim room and other parts of the ISD.

Edited by Mayluron

Former Shock EJT Lead | Former Shock CPT | Former Shock HVAL | Former Naval CMO | Former Naval LT. Commander | Former Naval SSO | Former ISB Operative | Former DT WO MY5 | Former Senior Moderator | Former MC SPC 1983 |

Eh, ladder is easy to climb and it’s not in the way of stuff like stairs would be.

- Support, just unnecessary

Currently: PoliceRP Super Admin / JMT, Senior Forum Diplomat, PD MAJ 1L93, EMS Chief Car 1, FBI AD RA13, HRT CPT LC2, SRT MAJ 1X33, SL Underboss (Co-Leader)

Ex ImperialRP: Super Admin / JMT and Senior Forum Diplomat, DT VCMDR RU8/ TI-23 L21, 69th/ MC VCMDR and first ever ParaRescue Lead Marshal and last Rescue Squadron Marshal, Lord I, Purge CPL, IC CSVL SSS DME 2LT Maroon, Shock SPC/ SGT/ MSGT, K2S8 SK385, Pyke Muscle II JSR RussTime

DMs are always open (russtime)

I agree with you in a certain sense, but this would be a lot of work for something so minuscule; and with the new map coming I think it would be better to hold off on this. 

-support for now

Retired GL Member (R DT CPT DM8)

7 Year Forum Account + Long-Standing GL Supporter

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

13 hours ago, RussTime said:

Eh, ladder is easy to climb and it’s not in the way of stuff like stairs would be.

- Support, just unnecessary

CURRENT: None

Former:
Field Commander

First Ever IQ Branch Senior Commander(in SNRCMDR Program)

First ever No Helmet Second Sister 

• Manager

DENIED

Unfortunately, we do not feel that this suggestion is suitable for implementation, especially regarding our main priority set to the production of the new map, this isn't considered as helpful when assigning our resources.

However, we do appreciate your attitude towards trying to help us improve, please feel free to show us some more ideas!